Today I want to talk about pre-orders. I love pre-ordering books, so at any time I usually have between 5-10 books on pre-order. I only pre-order paperbacks, because pre-ordering e-books usually require a credit card, which I don’t have. And because I buy almost all my paperbacks on The Bookdepository, that’s also the place where I place all my pre-orders.
Why do I pre-order books?
I think part of the reason why I pre-order books is, because it’s easy. I am now thinking about a book that isn’t releashed, decide I want it, I pre-order it and then I don’t have to think about it anymore, until I get the e-mail form The Bookedpository that my pre-order is released. Remembering when a book will be releashed and then pre-ordering is more effort and there is a chance I forget about a great book I want. I also pre-order books because there are some books I decide I want to read and if I want to read them and thus eventually buy them, then why not buy them immediately. Whether I spend the money now or later, doesn’t matter, so I can just as well spend it now, right? I also pre-order books because I want to make sure I have those books as early as possible. If you pre-order a book you can still be garanteed that you have the book a few days earlier than when you only order it after the book is already releashed.
Which books do I pre-order?
I usually pre-order books by my favourite authors like: Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Vincent, Richelle Mead, Karen Marie Moning, Maria v Snyder etc. Most of the books by these authors are on my auto buy list and that means I usually pre-order them. I also pre-order sequels to books I really enjoyed, so if the first book was realy good and I read it in paperback, then there is a big change I will pre-order the sequel. Sometimes I pre-order books by authors I haven’t read anything by yet, just because I hope their book is going to be really good and I decide I want to have that book in paperback. This catgory is certainly in the minority, usually I only pre-order book from which I am almost certain they are going to be good books. I usually only pre-order books which are going to get releashed in the next 6 months max. Books that are going to be released later than that can always be pre-ordered later.
Which books do I currently have on pre-order?
So which books do I currently have on pre-order? Well here is the list:
– Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend #1) by Jk Rock – release date: July 2, 2013 – I loved the prequel to this series and can’t wait to read the first book
– Dare You To (pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry – release date: May 28, 2013 – I loved pushing the Limits, so I had to pre-order this one.
– Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13) by Charlaine Harris – release date: May 7, 2013 – I pre-ordered this one because I have read the whole Sookie series so far and I want to know how it ends.
– Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) by Richelle Mead – release date: June 4, 2013 – Richelle Mead is one of my favourite authors and this new series by her sounds great. I can’t wait to read it.
– Loki’s Wolves (Blackwell Pages #1) by Kelley Armstrong and Melissa Marr – release date: May 7, 2013 – Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite authors and I have to buy everything she writes, preferable in paperback if possible.
– Made of Stars by Kelley York – release date: October 1, 2013 – I saw the cover and decided I had to read this one. It sounds amazing and I want the paperback because of the stunning cover.
– Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5) by Jennifer Estep – release date: July 30, 2013 – I pre-ordered this one because I really enjoyed this series so far and I can’t wait to read the next book.
– Oath Bound (Unbound #3) by Rachel Vincent – release date: April 30 – Rachel Vincent is one of my favourite authors and I just love this series.
– Reboot (Reboot #1) by Amy Tintera – release date: May 7, 2013 – I saw the cover and read the blurb and decided I had to read this.
– The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller – release date: May 7, 2013 – I pre-ordered this one because it sounded interesting. I have to admit this was an impulse buy. I am not sure if I am going to like this one, it sounded nice and I pre-ordered it.
Okay so that are 10 pre-orders, at the time of writing this post. One of them already has been releashed by now. And I only now realise how many of those books release on 7 May, that’s like the day after this posts is scheduled!
I pre-order books because it’s easy, I pre-order them and I don’t have to think about it anymore. Also because I like having these books as early as possible. I mostly pre-order books by my favourite author and sequels to books I loved. Sometimes I take a risk and pre-order a book which sounds good (i currently have 3 of those books on pre-order). I currently have 10 books on pre-order!
So do you often pre-order books? How many books ahev you pre-ordered now? Do you only pre-order paperbacks/hardcovers like I do or do you also pre-order e-books? Do you like pre-ordering books? What is your reason for pre-ordering books?