The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead.
It’s starting to get colder here, but as I spend most of my days inside I don’t notice much of the cold. I have been in a bit of book funk, every book I pick up just doesn’t seem to be that good, especially compared to my last 5 stars read. Sometimes you read a book that’s so good it makes you realize what other books are missing, yeah I am having that problem right now. The good news is that I will be sharing my review of said 5 star books tomorrow and the day after!
Also my sister baked red velvet brownies this week and they where really good!
This week I posted about:
– J Taylor Publishing giveaway 5 eARC’s Darkest Day by Emi Gayle
– Teaser Release: Storm Warning (Broken Heartland series #1) by E Lee and C Quinn
– Review: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead – 4 stars
– Blog Tour Wings of Arian (Solus #1) by Devri Walls
– Cover Reveal: Almost Married by Roe Valentine
– Release Day Blitz: Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs trilogy #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Review: Clutch (I am Just Junco #1) by JA Huss – unrated
What to expect next week:
– Review: Removed (Nogiku series #1) by SJ Pajonas
– Review: Released (Nogiku series #2) by SJ Pajonas
– Release day: The Other Me by Suzanne van Rooyen
– Book Blitz: Camp Christmas (Camp Boyfriend #1.5) by Jk Rock
– Salt (Salt #1) by Danielle Ellison – e-copy – for review – Goodreads
– Wild Justice (Nadia Stafford #3) by Kelley Armstrong – paperback – bought it myself – Goodreads
I have to admit I haven’t read the first 2 books in this series yet, even though I own both of them, but I just couldn’t resist buying this one as I am pretty sure I am going to like this series.
– Storm Warning (Broke Heratland series #1) by E Lee and C Quinn – e-copy – bought it myself – Goodreads
– Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs trilogy #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn – e-copy – bought it myself – Goodreads
– The Other Me by Suzanne van Rooyen – e-copy – for review – Goodreads
Current Giveaways (can also be found in my sidebar):
– One year blogoversary giveaway!
– Destiny tour wide giveaway
– e-ARC Salt by Danielle Ellison
– One More Day paperback, e-book and swag
– e-ARC and swag pack Hidden by Megg Jensen
– Kindle Fire HD or 100$ paypal cash and swag pack – Return release day giveaway by JA Huss
– 100$ book voucher- Sleeper blog tour giveaway
– E-copy Sworn to Conflict by Terah Edun
– Blitz wide giveaway Sworn to Conflict
– Release day giveaway Third Daughter by Susan Kaye Quinn
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Blog Tour: Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala #2) by Amy Joy Lutchen – sign-ups open till 12 January
– Book Blitz: Camp Christmas (Camp Boyfriend #1.5) by JK Rock – sign-ups open till 16 December
– Review Opportunity Chills:A short story collection by Saran Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Blog Tour: Nogiku series by SJ Pajonas – sign-ups open till 19 January
I saw Salt on someone else’s site today and it looks interesting to me. Also I STILL need to read Kelley Armstrong! Have a great week!
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
I love Kelley Armstrong her writing style and it feels a bit weird to own the whole Nadia Stafford series now and still haven’t read the first, I hope to start on that series soon!
Salt is popular this week. I really like the cover for it. Come visit me as well.
Books of Love
The ARC’s for Salt went out last week so I guess that explains it showing up on a lot of blogs. I really like the cover too!
When I get in a funk I switch to a tv show marathon or a movie marathon to give my brain a break. lol
Have a great week!
Sounds like a good solution. Maybe I just need to do something else than reading, but the problem is that I do want to read, but don’t know what. I am working on a jigsaw puzzle, that’s a nice distraction at least.
Storm Warning and Wild Justice I really want to read. Very nice bunch of books 🙂
I haven’t been in a funk but the last two books (middle grade) just haven’t been what I was expecting and I love MG. So I am making a genre switch to YA since I have quite a few hoping to have a few 4 or even 5 stars fingers crossed.
It’s very cold in NJ and snowed yesterday so it was nice to just hang inside.
I hope you have a great week and are able to clear your funk!!!
Because reading is better than real life
I hope to read both books soon, as they sound really good.I am considering doing a genre switch as well, maybe picking up some more NA or Adult instead of YA. I hope I pick up something good soon!
I love snow, especially when I can stay inside, it’s so pretty to look at, but annoying when you have to go somewhere.
I love the look of Salt and Storm Warning, they both look really great. I hope you enjoy all your new books! New GFC and Bloglovin follower 🙂 My Sunday Post.
Thanks for following! I’ll make sure to check out your blog too! Storm Warning sounds good and it was pretty cheap too. I hope to read it soon. I just finished Salt and it wasn’t the book for me unfortunately.
I also find myself in the book funk sometimes .. 🙁
Red velvet brownies sounds really divine though 😀 Have a great week!
Here’s my My Sunday Post.
I hate book funks 🙁
The red brownies where really good.I hope you have a great week too!