The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a tough week. My boyfriend had a really busy and stressful week on his work. He’s slowly starting to look for a new job as it’s been super busy at this job ever since he started there last year. I also had a few nights I didn’t sleep as well so that added up making me feel tired and wrung out. Luckily work wise it was a pretty smooth week, so that was nice. I also had some good reads this week so that helped too.
Work wise I sent out two media kits for tours starting next week. I had three tours run this week as well as a cover reveal. I also put a new sign up post live for a cover reveal and I am working on a new blog tour sign up post. I did the usual assistant work as well.
What did I read this week?
I had three great reads this week. Pumpkin Spice And All Things Nice was a fun paranormal themed read with a hint of romance.
Love Lessons in Starcross Valley was a great women’s fiction/ contemproayr romance read and I really liked following Marnie as she figures out what she wants from life after losing her job, boyfriend and direction. It had an adorable romance and great family and friends as side characters. I don’t read a lot of women’s fiction, but this makes me want to pick it up more often.
The Twice-Scorned Lady of Shadow was a solid urban fantasy read with a romantic sub plot. Well plotted and good pacing, although the start was a bit slow. I liked seeing Saber develop throughout the series and especially her growing into her druid powers in this book and seeing more of the fae. The big reveal about what happened ten years ago felt a bit anti climactic to me and I didn’t really care for the twist at the end. All in all still a great series, but not my favorite in this universe.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: The Twice-Scorned Lady of Shadow by Annette Marie
– Review: Her Band of Rakes by RA Steffan
– Review: Copper Mage by Dorothy Dreyer
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: All Men Love Leah by Ksenija Nikolova
– Review Opportunity: The Pig Wars by M.K. Theodoratus
– Review Opportunity: What They Don’t Know by Susan Furlong
– Cover Reveal: Boondocks by Jaydeeb Shah – 23 May
– Blog Tour: Under Fortunate Stars by Ren Hutchings – 10 till 23 May
– Book Blitz: My Favorite Story by Hilary Dartt – 13 till 19 May
– Blog Tour: Someone in Time – 17 till 30 May
– Blog Tour: The Silver Sail by Bridgete Dutta Portman – 23 May till 5 June
– Blog Tour: Rationality Zero by J.M. Guillen – 13 till 26 June