The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty solid week. I did struggle a bit mentally for some reason, I think the busy past few weeks caught up with me and now I have this weird mood where I want to relax more and at the same time hope for more work to come in so I don’t get too much of a slump work wise as my work has it’s ups and downs often. It’s weird. Luckily I had a few days I could take it easier as well as some new work that came in, so that made me feel a bit better.
This week it was King’s day here in the Netherlands, we didn’t do anything special to celebrate. For me it was a normal work day, but my boyfriend had the day off so that was nice. I also bought some muffins with orange frosting for the celebration, they were delicious!
Work wise it was a solid week. I put a new blog tour live for a scifi technothriller book. I also updated a review opportunity for a Women’s Fiction book on my site. The author got a new title, cover and blurb for the book so I swapped those out for the new ones. I did the usual assistant work for my authors and wrapped up the assistant work for this month. I also sent out media kits for tours starting next week.
What did I read this week?
I finished Hunt the Stars which I really enjoyed. I really like the characters and the close knit crew surrounding the main character. There is a lovely slow burn romance and I liked reading about the alien race.
I also finished Newsletter Ninja 2 which was a good book, but not as good as the first one. It had some good information, but not a lot of new to me information.
Then I DNF’d Peony Dreadful. I couldn’t get into it and the writing style with the main character who sometimes talks to the reader and a lot of info dumping about characters, past, situations etc. So I put this one aside and started another book.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Behind These Blue Eyes by Cecilia Randell
– Review: No Grater Crime by Maddie Day
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: All Men Love Leah by Ksenija Nikolova
– Review Opportunity: The Pig Wars by M.K. Theodoratus
– Review Opportunity: What They Don’t Know by Susan Furlong
– Cover Reveal: Dark Goddess by Kelsey Ketch – 6 May
– Blog Tour: Shadowdays by Polly Schattel – 2 till 15 May
– Blog Tour: Under Fortunate Stars by Ren Hutchings – 10 till 23 May
– Book Blitz: My Favorite Story by Hilary Dartt – 13 till 19 May
– Blog Tour: Someone in Time – 17 till 30 May
– Blog Tour: The Silver Sail by Bridgete Dutta Portman – 23 May till 5 June
– Blog Tour: Rationality Zero by J.M. Guillen – 13 till 26 June