The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a tough week and didn’t go smoothly at all. I thought I was doing better with my energy levels and getting things done last week, but this week proved that I am not out of whichever funk/ burnout thing I am in. This week was a struggle getting things done. I was feeling meh and not having a lot of energy or focus to get things done. Taking more breaks is still helping. I am trying to be gentle with myself, but it’s hard when I know how much more I can get done usually. The upside is that the actual time I work is spent more efficiently now that I take more breaks.
Luckily I got the most important work things done. I sent out the media kits for tours starting next week and worked on the tour taking place this week. I also did some work on a new tour, but didn’t manage to put that one live yet, so that’s for next week. I did a bit of assistant work as well.
I did have some good books I read this week as well as my current reads. I also enjoyed my gaming breaks. And I got some new books I am excited about.
What did I read this week?
I finished my second re-read of Dear Writer, Are you in Burnout?. I am so happy I decided to re-read this one as I always need the reminded of the great information in this book and it helps reading about it when I am feeling down and low on energy like I currently am. I finished Jousting and Justice and it’s always so fun to return to this series. It was the perfetc light and fun read for my current mood. I also finished the short story Eidolon, which was a nice short read set in between books 1 and 2. It was a bit on the short side and I would’ve liked a bit more explanation on some points, but still a nice read.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Love, Lies and Hocus Pocus: Kindred by Lydia Sherrer
– Review: A Twist of Fate by Kelley Armstrong
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Hex Marks the Spot by Ani Gonzalez
– Review Opportunity: All Men Love Leah by Ksenija Nikolova
– Review Opportunity: The Pig Wars by M.K. Theodoratus
– Review Opportunity: Influenced Love by Shellee Marie
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Black River Forest by Jaydeep Shah – 10 till 30 January
– Blog Tour: Phoenix’s Touch by Tai James – 17 January till 6 February
– Blog Tour: The Chosen Twelve by James Breakwell – 18 till 31 January
– Bookstagram Blitz: Thorn of Secrets by B Truly – 1 till 4 February
– Bookstagram Blitz: Beyond Her Calling by Kellyn Roth – 21 till 27 February
– Blog Tour: You Won’t Know Her Name by Shanti Hershenson – 21 February till 6 March