The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week didn’t go as smooth as I would’ve liked and I am still low on energy. I feel like the stress of the past few months finally got to me and I just have so little energy to get things done. I don’t want to get another burn out like I did a few years back, so I took some extra time off again this week and hopefully next week will be better again. I did some extra gaming, reading and trying to relax. December wasn’t the best month for my business, so I hope January will be better again.
I still got some work related things done this week. I finished up the December assistant work for my authors. I also worked on a new blog tour that I put live on my site. This tour is for a YA contemporary book written by a fourteen year old.
I wanted to do a post about my favorite books of 2022, but I just didn’t have the motivation to put it together. I did have a good reading year and you can see all the books I read here on Goodreads. I read a total of 130 books this year.
I want to wish you all a great 2022! I hope this will be a good year.
What did I read this week?
The Earth Legend was sadly a DNF. I was quite torn up over that as I really enjoyed books 1 and 2. I also like how long these audiobooks are, but I felt the tone really changed in book 3. There was so much drama and character doing weird things because they’re hurting and so much heartache. And way less focus on the plot about the prophecy. I just couldn’t handle it anymore and decided to DNF it. I read spoilers for the future books and I think I wouldn’t enjoy the future books either. Too much drama and heartache. After that I decided to go back to my re-read of the Flyght series as I knew that was an audio I would enjoy.
Luckily my other 2 reads this week were good. Proper Scoundrels was a great read. I really liked the couple, how different were and how good together. They were so sweet together.
I also finished 8 Steps to Side Characters which was a really good non-fiction book packed with information about how to write side characters.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Pretend to be my Cowboy by Sophia Quinn
– Review: Bound to Execute by A.C.F. Bookens
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Go Slow by Lee Ducote
– Review Opportunity: Hex Marks the Spot by Ani Gonzalez
– Review Opportunity: All Men Love Leah by Ksenija Nikolova
– Review Opportunity: The Pig Wars by M.K. Theodoratus
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Black River Forest by Jaydeep Shah – 10 till 30 January
– Blog Tour: Phoenix’s Touch by Tai James – 17 January till 6 February
– Blog Tour: The Chosen Twelve by James Breakwell – 18 till 31 January
– Bookstagram Blitz: Thorn of Secrets by B Truly – 1 till 4 February
– Bookstagram Blitz: Beyond Her Calling by Kellyn Roth – 21 till 27 February
– Blog Tour: You Won’t Know Her Name by Shanti Hershenson – 21 February till 6 March – New!