The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty normal week over here, although it didn’t always go as smoothly. Some things popped up and I had a few days long headache that put a damper on things. I also tried a new recipe for vegan ramen which was a flop, it really was a shame after all the time and effort I spent making it. Luckily the side dishes (some baked red bell pepper and marinated and baked tofu) turned out great so we still had something good to eat.
Luckily it seems my reading and gaming slump is over. I found a nice relaxing puzzle game that I really enjoy. I had two great reads this week and am currently re-reading First Flyght by SJ Pajonas in audio. First Flyght ss AI narrated, which I never tried before, but it sounds pretty natural and is comfortable to listen to. You can listen to book 1 free on Youtube if you want to check it out.
Work has been busy this week, for which I am grateful. I was just starting to get worried as I didn’t have any late August tours lined up yet and this week I got two new tours in as well as two new review opportunity. One of the review opportunities is live already and I am working on the other three and hope to have those live next week. I also had three tours I organized running this week, a media kit for next week’s tour to send out as well as some other emails and communications.
And I made time to put a new blog post for authors live. In this one I talk about how to make the most of your ARC team. I’ve been part of so many author ARC teams as a reviewer and managed an author’s large ARC team for years, so I had a lot to share about the topic. I really enjoyed writing this one.
What did I read this week?
Both of these were great reads and exactly fit my reading mood. Catching a Warlock was the last book in this trilogy and a nice ending to the series. I like the past paced and low drama style of this series. Colony Under Siege was an engaging scifi romance read with plenty of romance as well as an interstellar plague and the female main character is the only doctor on the planet to deal with it. I really enjoyed this one and bought book two already.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: A Glimmer of a Clue by Daryl Wood Gerber
– Review: Cursed Luck by Kelley Armstrong
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Iridescent by S.H. Everly
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Strange by Liane Carter
– Review Opportunity: While at the Altar by Pamela D. Smith
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Shadows by Liane Carter – New!
– Blog Tour: Bea’s Witch by Daniel Ingram-Brown – 21 June till 11 July
– Blog Tour: The Jade Talisman by Alanna Mackenzie – 12 till 18 July
– Bookstagram Blitz: Remember My Name Series by Laurencia Hoffman – 19 till 25 July
– Cover Reveal: Bly by Kelsey Ketch – 22 July
– Blog Tour: The Legend of Hobart by Heather Mullaly – 26 July till 8 August
– Blog Tour: Change by Lyla Oweds – 26 July till 8 August
– Blog Tour: The Twin Stars by Bridgette Dutta Portman – 26 July till 8 August