The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a good week. Nothing special happened and sadly it was a bit quiet on Lola’s Blog Tours, but I still had some things going on to keep me busy. There were two cover reveals I organized that took place this week, I sent out media kits for a cover reveal and blitz next week and put a new sign-up post live for a cover reveal next month. Besides that I finished up the assistant work for my two authors for July. I also sent out a newsletter to my author mailing list about the benefits of booking a tour in advance. I wrote this one a while back already. I had planned to sent out another newsletter first and thus wanted to wait with this one, but things moved around and I decided to adjust this one and sent it out now.
I also have some blogging news, I actually managed to write a discussion post this week, yay! I can’t remember the last time I wrote a discussion post, so I am feeling pretty happy about having written one now :). It’s scheduled for next month. Last week I mentioned I cleared out my review copies shelf on goodreads a bit and I thought it would make for a fun discussion post as I would like to hear how you all handle this.
Remember how last week I mentioned I was in a fantasy/ sci-fi book mood, while I only had a lot of contemporary romance and cozy mystery ARC’s? Well guess my mood changed after I finished the two romance books in a row and I am currently reading a contemporary romance and a cozy mystery. Only one of those is an ARC though ;). I decided I was in the mood for something familiar so I picked up books in a series I had already started.
Picture of the Week
I didn’t take any pictures this week, but I just added the pictures to my scheduled onion pie recipe post, and as we ate this dish last week I thought I would show it you. This onion pie recipe is really good, it has layers of potatoes, apple, onion and boiled egg in a pie crust. Yum! Do you like savory pie for dinner? What’s your favorite filling?
What did I read this week?
I finished 3 books this week, which is pretty neat :). And al were 4 star reads. Loving Kalvin was a great read, my favorite of this series so much. I posted my review on the blog last week as it releases tomorrow! It’s about making mistakes, dealing with the consequences and forgiveness. It was really good! The Royal Mistake was the third book in a series and it was a fun read. I quickly breezed through it and it was another good one. I also finished Cracked Open which is the fifth book in the Mindjack series, I really enjoyed it ad it was really well written.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Sunday: Onion Pie
- Monday: Vegan red Thai Curry
- Tuesday: Vegan red Thai Curry
- Wednesday: Budha bowl with broccoli, tofu and soba noodles
- Thursday: Budha bowl with broccoli, tofu and soba noodles
- Friday: Tomato soup with french bread
- Saturday: Veggies in chili sauce with rice and veggie nuggest in wraps
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Mission to Mahjundar by Veronica Scott
– Review: Marked by Fate Origins anthology
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Newborn by Edward Hoorneart
– Necromancer by Graeme Ing
– Teach Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez
– Naughty or Nice by Jessie Logan
– Right Under Your Nose by Holly Tierney-Bedord
– Fated Memories by Joan Carney
– Remember by Joan Carney
– Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
– Making Bad Choices by Rita Stradling
– Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop by Isabella Louise Anderson
– Warren High: An Elephant Never Forgets by J.C. Roberts
– A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
– Mother of Wolves by J Aislynn d’Merricksson
Check the full list of open review opportunities here.
– Ugly Beautiful Girl by Tracy Krimmer – 2 August
– Temptation Trials Part 2 by B Truly – 18 August – New!
– Mend Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez – 23 August
– The Bride of Glass by Candace Robinson – 24 August
– Book Blitz: Storm of Hope by Leila Tualla – 1 till 7 August
– Book Blitz: The Sullivans Boxed Set Books 1-3 by Bella Andre – 14 till 27 August
– Book Blitz: Sunsets at Seaside by Addison Cole – 23 August till 5 September
Purrfect heat I bought on release day, I couldn’t resist getting it when it was only $0.99. Danger In the Stars I got from the author. I was talking with the author on twitter about her latest release which also follows the story of an empath. I read one of her stories in pets in Space and now she has written two more books that tie in with that story and follow another empath. I am really curious about this one! She’s such a nice author.