The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a nice week, not as much work as normal and I had more time to relax. I hope everyone had a merry christmas!
Last sunday afternoon Pita seemed a bit off, she was sitting quietly in a corner and her fur was weird. She is becoming a bit fat, so we decided to remove their rice and pasta from the cage and get Pita out the cage more often. Every evening I take Pita with me to the bed were I sit reading for a hour so Pita can have some out of cage time without the other girls. It really seemed to help and she perked up a bit as the week continued. We’re still keeping an eye on her.
Tuesday evening I was suddenly really ligth headed, my boyfriend was a bit worried and he did a google search and apparently feeling tired, light headed and having difficulties finding the right words are all symptoms of a B12 shortage. Which were all symptoms I had lately, ofcourse this doens’t prove anything, but as I am a vegatarian I have to be carefull I get enough of that as most of it is in animal products. So to be better safe than sorry we bought some vitamin B supplements. Every year or so I go to the doctor to test for B12 and other stuff, so I guess this means a visit to the doctor in the new year. The light headed ness went away a hour after dinner luckily, but it still scared me a bit.
The first day of christmas, 25 December we stayed home and did nothing really special. I kinda messed up lunch, trying to make a cauliflower mash and damn it was horrible, just horrible! My boyfriend tasted it and thought it was gross as well, worst way to waste a cauliflower. Then we had leftover peanut pasta as dinner and then when I got my quark out for dessert it landed on the floor and created a mess to clean up. So yeah we had some misshaps, but it was a fun first christmas day. I spend some tiem reaidng and playing Skyrim and snuggling with our rats.
On the second day of christmas, 26 December we went to my boyfriend’s parents to celebrate christmas there. I got rabit shaped pluche slipper, an external hard disk (so I can finally back up my computer!) and a mug. We had a delicious dinner, my boyfriends mom made one of my favourite desserts which involves apples, pear and bread, it’s really good! And we got soem leftovers with us for dinner for the next day!
Also we got our first snow of the year, it started snowing on friday on saturday night. It looks nice, but it’s not a lot of snow yet. And it’s cold outside.
Earlier that week we did presents with my sister, we got her a new lunchbox and a guitar pick. My sister got me Nijntje (Miffy) cookie cutters and some penguin sticky notes. And my boyfriend got me the game Skyrim during the steam sale! I already played Skyrim a few hours and I am having fun with the game so far, my character is a bald female Redguard with a big two handed warhammer. Oh and I bought a horse in game!
I also did some shelf cleaning on goodreads, removed some books from my to-read list, added a shelf for paperback/hardcopies so I can easily see which book I own and in which format. In most cases I remember, but there are some books I own I just forget about, so better mark it down. Some of my goodreads shelves really were a mess and I removed my not yet released shelf as I never updated it and most of the books on that shelf were already released, lol.
What did I cook for dinner this week?
– Sunday: Spring rolls
– Monday: Fried Rice
– Tuesday: Curry Risotto with Paprika, green beans and carrots
– Wednesday: Peanut Spaghetti
Extra: Chewy Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles
– Thursday: leftover Peanut Spaghetti
Extra: The dish that shall not be named
– Friday: Christmas dinner at my boyfriend’s parents.
– Saturday: leftover christmas dinner form the day before
Extra: Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies with Peanut Butter
Random Picture(s) of the Week
Didn’t take any pictures this week 🙁
This week I posted about:
– Review: The Aether Sea
– Reading Assignment Challenge: Goal Post
– Review: Gifted by Kelley Armstrong
– Lola’s Ramblings: Merry Christmas
– Twelve Days of Christmas – two chick lits
– Review: Odin’s Ravens (The Blackwell Pages #2) by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr
What to expect next week on the blog
– Lola’s Ramblings: ten new to me authors in 2014
– Lola’s Ramblings: Best books in 2014
– Lola’s Ramblings: Happy New Year + new year resolutions
– My To-Be Read List #5: poll
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cross Roads by Donald Wilson II – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Last House Burning by Katy Scott – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Mending Michael (Hunter Hill University #2) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
I didn’t got any new books this week.