Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I stumbled upon a slow cooker beef stew recipe on Pinterest one day, my boyfriend thought it looked good, so I decided to give it a try. Except to make it vegetarian and without a slow cooker. So it turned out quite different form the original recipe, but it tastes great. It really has that stew favor even without any meat and it’s quite the taste dish.
This recipe is based on Cooking Classy’s Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe.
- Potatoes – 4-6 big potatoes
- Carrots – 4-5
- Onion – 1
- Celery – 3 sticks
- Vegetarian meat (I used fake chicken) – 320 gram
- Rosemary dry – 1 teaspoon
- Rosemary fresh – 2 sticks
- Bay leaves – 4
- Thyme dry – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato paste – 1/4 cup
- Vegetable Low Salt Bouillon cubes – 2
- Water – 3 cups
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Cornstarch – 2 teaspoons
- Frozen peas – 1 1/2 cup
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Olice Oil
- Slice and dice the onion and garlic, put it in the wok, but don’t heat yet.
- Then slice the carrots in slices and cut those in half. Do the same with the celery sticks. Peel the potatoes and cut those in rough bite size pieces as well.
- Heat up the oil and bake the onions till translucent. Then add the celery and bake for another minute or two. Add the tomato paste and bake for two more minutes.
- Now add the carrots and potatoes. Add the water, bouillon cubes, rosemary (both dry and fresh), thyme, laurel leaves, salt, pepper, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the pan or wok and let it all cook for 30 minutes.
- After cooking it for 30 minutes, add the peas and the vegetarian meat. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch with some cold water and add it to the pan then. Stir well for another 5 minutes till the stew thickens.
- Now you can eat it.