Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
While I am not a vegan I like trying out vegan recipes now and then. I don’t always have eggs in the house and one time I was craving pancakes when we didn’t have eggs, so I figured there should be a vegan pancake recipe. After a short search I found this recipe on Pinterest and these turned out great. While they don’t taste exactly like pancakes and have a slightly different texture, they are great. They satisfy that pancake craving and while they are different from pancakes I think they are awesome.
This recipe is based on Nora Cooks vegan pancakes recipe
- Soy Milk – 1 cup
- Flour – 1 1/2 cup. 187 gram
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tablespoon
- Vegan Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – a pinch
- In a small to medium bowl combine the soy milk, water, olive oil, four, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix with a mixer or whisk.
- Put the vegan butter or some oil in a pan and melt it. Just use enough butter to cover the pan.
- Then scoop about 1 big scoop of batter in the pan and let it bake till bubbles form on the top. Then flip the pancake and bake for a minute or two on the other side. Make sure both sides are golden brown. Once the pancake is done set aside and bake the rest.