Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
After trying a vegan pancakes recipe recently I wondered if I could use that and my kaiserschmarrn recipe to make a vegan kaiserschmarrn recipe. After some experimenting I figured out the right amounts and this recipe was born.
- Soy Milk – 1/2 cup
- Flour – 90 gram/ cup
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegan Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – a pinch
This recipe is about two portions or one large portion.
- In a small to medium bowl combine the soy milk, water, olive oil, four, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix with a mixer or whisk.
- Put the vegan butter in a pan and melt it. Just use enough butter to cover the pan.
- Then pour the batter in the pan and let it bake for 5-6 minutes on low to medium heat.
- After 5 minutes turn the pancake around. It’s okay if it falls apart a bit at this stage.
- Let it bake for a few more minutes and start cutting it into smaller pieces.
- Toss the pieces around and bake till they are a bit brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and dust them with some confectioners’ sugar (optional). Enjoy your kaiserschmarrn!