Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I already shared my standard Tomato Sauce recipe on the blog, but this is a meat-y version of it with added ingredients that my boyfriend likes, but I don’t. He thought it turned out great, so I figured I would share the recipe with you too :).
- Minced Meat – 300 gram
- Mushrooms – 250 gram
- Onion – 1
- Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Olives – a few spoonfuls
- Low salt Bouillon cube – 1 1/2
- Tomatoes – 2
- Tomato puree- 2 tablespoons
- Sambal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cornstarch – 3 teaspoons
This recipe feeds about 2-3 people. Add your favorite pasta.
- First cut the onion in small pieces. Heat the olive in a wok and bake the onions till they are translucent. Start cutting the tomatoes and red bell pepper in the meantime.
- Then add the minced meat once the onions are translucent and finish cutting the tomatoes and red bell pepper while it bakes./li>
- When the meat is mostly brown, add the red bell pepper and tomatoes. Bake for a bit.
- Then start slicing the mushrooms, don’t add it to the sauce yet.
- Add some boiled water, the tomato puree, sambal and bouillon cube to the sauce. Start boiling the pasta around now.
- Slice each olives in three pieces. Now add the mushrooms and olives to the sauce and stir well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Let the cornstarch dissolve in a bit of water and then add it to the sauce, let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve your pasta with the sauce and enjoy!