Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
Happy New year! As today is the start of a new year I have something different planned for this Lola’s Kitchen post. Today I am going to talk about ten recipes I hope to make in 2016 and if a succes I want to feature them on my blog. The recipes link to the blog where I foudnt hem on. Most of these I found thanks to pinterest. These are all recipes I haven’t made before, but they are on my baking wish list.
Ten recipes I want to make in 2016
- Frog eye salad. During the Recipe Exchange I received this recipe from Sophia, but I haven’t had the chance to try it out yet. I have all the ingredients in house already, just need to find time to make this.
- Peanut Butter Pie. The crust is made of oreos and the filling is peanut butter topped with chocolate, this sounds simply delicious and guess what it’s a pie that you don’t need to bake. That makes me think that I might be able to make this one. And I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, add in oreos and it sounds like you have one awesome pie.
- German Oven Pancakes. Why I want to make these? Because it looks and sounds so good! And beside pies and bread, there is one more thing I fail at making and that’s pancakes. I loathe making pancakes, but I love eating them. Oven pancakes sound like the perfect solution, you don’t have to flip them and bake them one for one, but just put the bowl in the oven and wait. Yum! I can’t wait to try this out.
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats. I bought a bag of rice krispies lately for a recipe and I wasn’t sure what to do with the rest of the bag. So I searched on Pinterest for recipes and I found this. It sounds good. I might experiment a bit more with rice crispies now that I have them.
- African Peanut Soup. I am not really a soup person, so I don’t make it that often, but I want to give this soup a try. It sounds so weird and so good at the same time.
- Italian Gnocchi Soup. I like gnocchi and don’t eat it nearly enough and this soup sounds like a nice dish to give a try.
- Spinach balls. I usually don’t like fresh spinach, I keep chewing on it till it turns to an unapptizing ball of green in my mouth. But these spinach balls sounds like I would like them. So I want to give these a try.
- Coconut Ice Cream. This sounds so simple and good. I even bought the coconut milk already for this, but never got around to making it yet.
- Magic Custard Cake. This one has been on my baking wishlist a few months now, ever since I first laid eye on it and I still haven’t made it. I love custard and cake, so this sounds so good to me. And make one batter and have it seperate in three layers? I have to see that.
- Brownie Bottom Chocolate Mousse Pie. Let’s end on an optimistic note with this delicious looking Brownie Bottom Chocolate Mousse Pie. This sounds so far out of my league it’s not even funny. But imagine a world where I make pie? Then I would make this. Brownie bottom? I love brownies (and hey I can even make those). Chocolate Mousse? Delicious! Although beating egg whites hard always fails for some reason, so I hate to attempt this. And it all combines into a delicious pie with oreos’on top. Gah I would love to try a piece of this pie. The hard part is making it.