Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I have another recipe with meat for you today. This is a risotto I made for my boyfriend for lunch. It’s cheesy and has some veggies in there too.
- Risotto Rice – 300 gram
- Water – 1 1/4 liter
- Bouillon cubes – 1 1/2
- Onions – 2
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Bacon strips – 125 gram
- Green peas- 200 gram/ 1 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms – 250 gram
- Cheese – 75-100 gram
- Pepper – to taste
- Olive Oil
- First slice and dice the onions and garlic. And bake them with some oil until translucent. In the meantime cook some water.
- Add the bacon strips to the onions and bake for 2 minutes. Then add the risotto rice some water and the bullion cubes.
- Keep adding some water to the dish when it’s almost dry. In the meantime you can slice the mushrooms. Once the risotto has boiled for 15 minutes add the green peas and mushrooms.
- Now cook for another 10 minutes. Once it’s almost done cooking add the cheese and the pepper.
- It’s ready to serve now.
That looks delicious, Lola. I’ve not made risotto, but I’ve done plain cheesy rice. I’ll have to try this with mushrooms and peas.
Sophia Rose recently posted…Blog All About It August 2019
If you made cheesy rice, that’s quite similar to this one. Risotto is a bit weird to make the first time with how it soaks up the water, but after it it gets easier. My boyfriend likes this combination with mushrooms and peas and it doesn’t take too long to make.
I’ve never made risotto but that looks so good.
Mary Kirkland recently posted…Favorite Video of the Week!
I don’t care for this version as I don’t like mushrooms, but I do like risotto.
This looks delicious! I would like to get my husband to try risotto. Maybe soon. 🙂
Hopefully you get to try risotto soon. I quite like risotto, although it’s a bit weird making it the first time with how it has to soak up the water.