Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
This recipe makes a yummy and filling dinner. Filled with good things like tofu, veggies, peanut butter, soy sauce and rice. This dish often comes to mind if I am in the mod for something with a peanut sauce. I also like how the dish consist of three different ingredients that sort of get combined on your plate. The first time I made this I had a bit of trouble timing to have everything right at the same time, but the second time I made it, it went a lot easier already. This dish combines tofu in a rich peanut sauce, with salty soy sauce broccoli and plain rice. It’s so good!
This recipe is loosely based on Delish Knowledge their Peanut Tofu Budha Bowl recipe
- Rice – 1 cup
- Broccoli – 1
- Tofu – 1 block
- Onion – 1
- Soy Sauce – 4 tablespoons
- Peanut Butter – 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Sweet Chili Sauce – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Olive Oil
This recipe feeds about 2-3 people.
- First cut the broccoli into smaller pieces. Then cook for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice and dice the onion into small pieces. Set aside or put it in an empty wok, but don’t heat it yet.
- Now slice the tofu into small cubes. In a pan heat some oil and bake the tofu for about 20 minutes. Keep stirring regularly.
- Once the broccoli is done cooking, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine two tablespoons of soy sauce with the peanut butter, sugar and sweet chili sauce. Add a bit of water and stir well. Set aside.
- Once the tofu is almost done baking, start cooking the rice. In the meantime heat the oil in the wok and bake the onion until translucent. Then add the cooked broccoli to the wok and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add the peanut sauce to the tofu and stir well, add some extra water if necessary.
- Once the rice is done cooking, drain the rice and serve the rice with the tofu and broccoli. Enjoy your dinner!
- Vary with veggies. Instead of broccoli you can also use any other vegetable you like, think of red bell pepper, mushrooms, carrot, spinach, chickpeas etc. Or a combination of those.
- Add some spice if you like your dishes a bit more hot you could add some more sweet chili sauce to the peanut sauce or use sriracha sauce instead. Another option would be to add some sambal to the veggies or tofu sauce.