Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
I love my curries, hence why there have been multiple curry recipes on the blog so far already. Today’s curry is one of my favourites, it’s yummy, easy to make and doesn’t reguire too many ingredients. And it has potatoes, I love potatoes! And most of these ingredients are ingredients I have at home always, so I cna decide on the spur of the moment to make these, I just have to remember to buy tomatoes.
This recipe is based on Monsoon Spices her Dhariwala recipe.
- Potatoes – 4
- Frozen Green Peas – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 3
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Vegetable low salt bouillon cube – 1
- Cumin powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons
- Paprika Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Garam Masala – 2 teaspoons
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 500 ml/ 2 cups
- Olive Oil
This recipe feeds around 3-4 people. You can serve with bread or rice or without side dish. If taste isn’t strong enough add another half teaspoon of all spices.
- Peel, slice and dice the potatoes and put into a pan and boil for about 20 minutes. If using fresh green peas make sure to cook them together with the potatoes.
- In the meantime, slice and dice the tomatoes, onion and garlic. And combine all the spices in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are boiled, first drain them and then mash. You can keep a few larger pices or just mash it all. Then set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a wok or pan and bake the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Now add the tomatoes and bake for a few minutes longer.
- Next add the potatoes, green peas, water and the mixed spices and stir well.
- Cook for a few more minutes and stir well.
Potatoes before being boiled
Sliced and diced tomatoes
Mashing the potatoes
Baking the Onion and garlic
Add the tomatoes
Here’s what it looks like afetr adding some water
After adding the spices
Adding the potatoes and peas
Potatoes and Peas curry
Close up of the curry on the spoon