Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I only make oat cookies rarely, but I love this recipe. The oat cookies are nice and crunchy and the spices of cinnamon and nutmeg really shine through in these cookies.
This recipe is based on Herding Cats and Burning Soup Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies recipe. It’s an updated versions of my previously posted recipe, which was a bit outdated so I wanted to do an updated version.
- Butter – 169 gram/ 3/4 cup/ 1 1/3stick
- Flour – 190 gram/ 1 cup
- Oats – 190 gram/ 2 cups
- Pecans – 100 gram/ 1 cup
- Brown Sugar – 150 gram/ 3/4 cup
- Egg or flax egg – 1 1/2
- Vanilla Extract – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 3 teaspoons
- Nutmeg – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
Peanut Butter frosting ingredients (optional)
- Butter – 42 gram/ 3 tablespoons
- Peanut Butter – 125 gram/ 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 100 gram/ 1/2 cup
- Water or milk – 3-4 tablespoons
You can eat these with or without the peanut butter frosting.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the butter for half a minute in the microwave. Then add to the sugar and mix till combined.
- Now add the egg and the vanilla extract to the mixture and mix again.
- Then add the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix for a few minutes till everything is well combined.
- Now add the last ingredient the pecans and stir these through the mixture.
- Role small balls from the dough and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, then push them a bit flatter for flatter cookies or leave them as they are for more round higher cookies.
- Bake them for 13 minutes and then let cool down. Repeat till all the dough is gone.
Peanut Butter frosting (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk or water. Stir till is becomes a smooth frosting
- You can add the frosting on top of the cookies or create sandwiches with the frosting in the middle