Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
This is one of those rare recipes I came up with my own. My boyfriend wanted pork chops to go along with the noodle soup dish I like to make and I just thought of which spices go well together and of the noodle soup flavor and this was the result. He really likes these to go with the noodle soup. After these are done I just slice them into small strips and add some of the leftover sauce in the pan to his noodle soup.
- Pork Chops – 5 pieces or about 340 gram
- Garlic – 2-3 gloves
- Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Paprika powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Slice the garlic in pieces and then use a garlic press to make even finer.
- Then combine everything but the pork chops in a deep plate and mix well. Then add the pork chops to the plate so the bottom of them are covered with the marinate.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then turn the pork chops around and let the other side marinate for 10 minutes as well. You can also do this longer if you like.
- Then heat some oil in a pan and bake them for about 5 minutes on each side.
- You can now eat these or serve with another dish. The leftover sauce in the pan is pretty flavorful as well apparently and I add this to my boyfriends noodle soup as well.
These go well with my Noodle Soup recipe.