Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
I already posted a fried rice recipe on my blog before, but the way I made fried rice has changed a bit. So I wanted to share this version as well. I also like to switch this one up now and then and use noodles instead of rice. Both versions are delicious.
- Rice (or noodles) – 1 1/2 cup uncooked or 3 cups cooked
- Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Frozen Green Peas or edamame beans – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1-2
- Lentils – 1/2 cup
- Corn – 1/2 cup
- Tofu – 1 block
- Bouillon cube – 1
- Garlic – 6
- Onion – 1
- Olive Oil
- water – 125 ml/ 1/2 cup
- Soy Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Vegetarian Stir Fry sauce or oyster sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Sambal – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Miso – 1 teaspoon
This recipe feeds around 6 people. This is the basis of the recipe, you can add in different vegetables or extra spices. I like to add some soy sauce or ketchap for a stronger taste or some extra salt or spices. You can also add meat or tofu instead of the egg.
- First slice and dice the vegetables (onion, garlic, red bell pepper and carrot).
- Next heat the oil and bake onion and garlic. Once the onion is translucent add the red bell pepper and carrot. After baking that for another 5 minutes add some water and the bouillon cube and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Cut the tofu in small squares and start baking that in another pan with some oil. This needs to bake for 20 minute,s so just let it bake while you continue with the rest.
- Also add the miso, the soy sauce and sambal to the dish now.
- Now add the corn, peas/ edemame and lentils to the wok and stir.
- In the meantime cook the rice or noodles. Throw the rice in the boiled water and boil for 10 minutes. When the rice done cooking, drain and set aside
- Last add the rice to the wok and mix well. Add some more soy sauce if necessary. Then add the tofu or combine on your plate.