Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I love pancakes and there are so many different ways of making them. While I haven’t successfully managed to bake dutch pancakes, I have managed to make some good American Pancakes and now crepes as well. Crepes are these very thin pancakes that taste delicious and are easy to fill with your preferred filling and then fold or roll up.
This recipe is based on Tastes Better From Scratch her Crepes recipe
- Eggs – 2
- Butter – 1/6 cup/ 37 gram
- Sugar – 1/4 cups/ 50 gram
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
This recipe makes about 4 to 6 crepes depending on how thick you make them, I actually like them on the slightly ticker side. You can easily double the recipe if you want more crepes.
- First heat or soften the butter. I usually put mine in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds.
- Then in a medium sized bowl combine the butter with the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and pinch of salt and mix well.
- Now heat a bit of butter in a wide pan. Make sure it’s very warm before pouring some batter in it, add just a bit and then swirls the pan so the batter coats the whole bottom in a thin layer. Now bake for a bit on that side until the bottom has some browner spots and then flip around and bake the other side. Continue until all the crepes are baked.
- Add your favorite filling on top. I prefer these with cinnamon sugar, but they are great with hazelnut paste, fresh fruit, whipped cream or a variety of other toppings as well.