Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
This is such an unique recipe, a cake unlike most I’ve eaten before. the texture is quite dense, the flavor is sweet and tastes like coconut and then there is a hint of sour thanks to the Greek yogurt that’s part of this recipe. It’s delicious. And the recipe is as simple as adding all the ingredients to a bowl and mixing. If you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen, but want to bake something after all this is a great recipe to try. And while it doesn’t take long to assemble it does need to spend a whole hour in the oven.
This recipe is based on Oh My Foodness their Basbousa Kokoscake uit Jordanie recipe
- Semolina – 1 1/2 cup/ 250 gram
- Shredded Coconut – 3/4 cup/ 80 gram
- Greek Yogurt – 2 cups/ 0,5 liter
- Sugar – 1/3 cup/ 125 gram
- Eggs – 2
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 347 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cover a flat oven proof sheet or bowl with baking proof paper. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine the semolina, coconut, sugar and baking powder. Mix together. Then add the Greek yogurt and the vanilla essence. Mix for a bit and then add the two eggs. Mix till combined.
- Now pour the mixture into the baking proof bowl. Put it in the oven for 1 hour and once done test with a cake tester to make sure the cake is dry.
- Let it cool down and then store in the fridge.