Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
These cookies are so good. The basis form these I used form another recipe, but then kinda added ingredients to it, to get the cookies I wanted. I wanted both nuts and chocolate in one cookie and went for pecan nuts. the first attempt at these had a bit too little pecans, so I adjusted it and now they are even better. These cookies are very chunky, with the cookie dough almost more meant to keep all the ingredients together than for these really be cookies. But the chunky-ness really works for these and if you like both nuts and chocolate in your cookies I would recommend these.
- Flour – 375 gram/ 3 cups
- Butter – 226 gram/ 1 cup/ 2 sticks
- Sugar – 150 gram/ 3/4 cup
- Egg – 2 or replace with flax egg
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pecans – 160 gram/ 1 1/4 cup
- Chocolate or chocolate chips – 180 gram/ 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- First break the pecan nuts in small pieces. And cut the chocolate in smaller pieces (skip this step if using chocolate chips).
- Then preheat the oven to to 175 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soften the butter in the microwave for a bit. Then combine with the sugar.
- Now add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix till combined.
- Now add the chocolate and pecans and stir until well mixed.
- Place the cookies on a parchment covered baking sheet about 4 rows of four cookies and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack and then you can eat them.