Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
These chocolate cookies are really good. The addition of cinnamon and cayenne gives them their unique flavor. If you want a good chocolate cookie with a hint of spice, you might like these.
This recipe is based upon The Beach House Kitchen’s Mexican Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with dulce the leche filling.
- Flour – 2 cups/ 250 gram
- Sugar – 1 cup/ 210 gram
- Butter – 113 gram
- Egg or flax egg – 2
- Cacao Powder – 1/2 cup/ 60 gram
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – a bit less than 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper – 3/4 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
They also are great with a bit of dulche de leche on top.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter for 20 seconds in the microwave, so it’s a bit softer. In a medium to large bowl combine the butter and sugar.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for a little bit.
- Now add the flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Make small balls form the dough and place on the baking sheet. Then bake for about 14-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down.