Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
So we had some leftover cabbage one day and I had the idea to turn them into cabbage pancakes. We had seen something similar in a Youtube recipe once, although I ended up using a different recipe for inspiration and then turn it into my own by making some adjustments. These turned out amazing. They are wonderful. Soft and fluffy pancake dough with nice crunchy pieces of cabbage. They are flavorful and you can add any sauce or topping you prefer to them as well. They are relatively simple to make and so good!
This recipe is based on Babaganosh’ Cabbage Fritters recipe
- Cabbage – 1/2
- Flour – 1 1/5 cup/ 150 gram
- Eggs – 3
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil for baking
I use half a pointed cabbage for this, but any type of cabbage should work.
- First slice the cabbage. I usually slice it in half and then slice slices/ sort of cube sizes. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the eggs and milk together. Then add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix till it forms a smooth dough.
- Now add the cabbage to the bowl, continue until the cabbage is still covered by dough, but there’s a bit of dough that sticks to the bottom of the bowl as well. I usually use half a cabbage.
- Now heat some oil in a pan or two. Pour one big scoop of dough onto the pan and press it flat a bit. Then bake for about 4 minutes on one side, when the top starts to solidify a bit it’s usually time to flip it. Flip the pancake and bake another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Till they’re nice and golden brown. repeat till all the dough is gone.
- Serve with your preferred sauce or topping or you can eat them plain.