Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I love gnocchi, but for some reason rarerly eat it. I just never seem to find recipes that use it. Then I came across this recipe and knew I had to try it. This one’s definitely a hit and I really liked it. It’s relatively simple to make and the taste is really good. Perfect for when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
This recipe is based on Lazy Cat Kitchen’s Baked Gnocchi Summer Vegetables recipe
- Gnocchi – 550 g/ 17.5 oz
- Red bell peppers – 2
- Cherry Tomatoes – 500 gram/ 14 oz
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Garlic or garlic paste – 2 gloves or 1 teaspoon
- Thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper – to taste or about 1/2 teaspoon of both
This feeds about 3-4 people. I added vegetarian meat balls as side dish.
- First preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the baking sheet from the oven or use a large baking tin.
- Then combine the olive oil with the garlic (or garlic paste), thyme and oregano. Add some salt and pepper to taste. I used about half a teaspoon of both. Stir it well and set aside.
- Remove the gnocchi from the package and stir it through the olive oil mixture. Set aside.
- Cut the red bell peppers in rough squared or strips. Add it to the gnocchi and olive oil mixture.
- Then spread the gnocchi and red bell pepper mixture over the baking sheet or baking tin and spread it out so evenly distributed. Then put it in the oven and let it bake for about 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes or so stir it a bit.
- In the meantime cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the oven for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- After everything’s done baking remove it from the oven, let it cool down a bit and eat.
You’re making me hungry. 🙂 I will be trying this at some point when I pick up some gnocchi.
Let me know what you think if you give it a try. I’ll definitely be making this again and am planning on trying different vegetables with it as well.
Mmmm, I love gnocchi! It’s one of my favorites. This looks delicious!
S. J. Pajonas recently posted…July and August 2022 Goals