Today is the last day of this year, normally not a day I am looking forward to, because I hate all the annoying loud fireworks (I do like the fireworks with pretty colours).
Many blogs celebrate the ending of the year by doing top 10’s and while I love visiting blogs and seeing which books made their top 10’s I don’t do top 10’s myself.
I don’t do top 10’s because for me it is really difficult to choose which books, covers etc are the best and deserve a place in my top 10. I have books I like and I like those books for different reasons and often they are so uncomparable that I just can’t choose which one deserves a higher place in my top 10.
I did want to do something on my blog to celebrate the ending of this year and acknowlegde which awesome books I have read this year, so I came up with the idea to make a post containing all the covers and book titles of books I gave 5 stars this year.
I don’t deal out 5 stars easily, I am a bit of a picky reader and if a book get’s 5 stars it must be really good in some way. I also have read some awesome books that I gave 4 stars, but if I also include all those 4 star books this list might get a bit too long, so I decided to only include all 5 star book. In total I have read 147 books this year, from which 26 I gave 5 stars. On the other hand I think I gave like 72 of them 4 stars, see what I mean?
Okay enough talk now, here is my list of 5 star books this year. I ordered them on alphabetical order by title, just to have something to order them by.
– After Dark (The 19th Year #1) by Emi Gayle
– Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
– Blood Debt (Touched #1) by Nancy Straight
– Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves #2) by Quinn Loftis
– By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6) by Jennifer Estep
– The Calling (Darkness Rising #2) by Kelley Armstrong
– Charade (Heven and Hell #2) by Cambria Hebert
– Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver
– Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
– Eden West (Eden #2) by Janelle Stalder
– Exiled (the Protector #1) by M.R. Merrick
– The Fever Series: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamefever, Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
– Fire Country (Country Saga #1) by David Estes
– The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) by Kelley Armstrong
– Hallowed (Unearhtly #2) by Cynthia Hand
– Hidden (Otherworld Novella #10.5) by Kelley Armstrong
– Make Me Yours (Unravel Me #2) by Kendall Ryan
– Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness #2) by P.T. Michelle
– Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
– Renhala by Amy Joy Lutchen
– Shadow Bound (Unbound #2) by Rachel Vincent
– Shadows (Lux #0.5) by Jennifer Armentrout
– Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian #4) by Diana Rowland
– The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers #2) by David Estes
– Soul Avenged (Sons of Wrath #1) by Keri Lake
– Thirteen (Otherworld #13) by Kelley Armstrong
So that are 26 books that I gave 5 stars this year. Have you read any of these books on my list? Are there books on this list that you didn’t enjoy (I am always interested in knowing why people don’t like the books I loved)? And what are some of your favourite books you read this year?