I am so excited to be participating in this awesome blog hop. I choose author Kaithlin Beves to help me with my post today. Kaithlin is the author of the Daughters by Zeus series and the first book is Persephone. For todays post she has written a quest post called “top five romantic gifts”.
A bit more about Kaithlin Bevis:
I spent my childhood curled up with a book, and a pen. If the ending didn’t agree with me, I rewrote it. I’ve always wanted to be a writer, and I spent high school and college learning everything I could so that one day I could achieve that goal. I graduated college with my BFA in English with a concentration in Creative Writing, and am pursuing my masters at the University of Georgia.
My young adult fiction novel “Persephone,” and my short story “Siren Song” are available to buy in ebook stores everywhere. I also write for Athens Parent Magazine, and truuconfessions.com. I have also published several short stories.
Kaithlin has writen for my stop a blog post about the top five Romantic Gifts!
I think listing top romantic gifts is a bit of a misnomer. A real romantic gift demonstrates that your significant other gets you. It shows thought, and effort, and knowledge. Like in my story, Persephone gets an air plant necklace. It seems weird, but it’s her. Something that completely represents her (a flower) from both of her realms (all three with Hades’ addition of the pomegranate bead) that’s thriving.
So these are my top five, but that doesn’t mean they’re anyone else’s. A real romantic gift is given with the recipient in mind.
- A star. You can buy and name stars. It’s kind of awesome. Granted, they aren’t stars you can spot with a telescope, and it doesn’t change their location name, but the idea is nice. You get a picture of your star, documents showing the name, and tips on how to find it in the sky.
- Dinner and a show. We have a fondue restaurant here that pairs with the local theater. So you get cheese, food, and chocolate (it’s like a girls best friend) then get a good seat to the latest broadway show. I saw Wicked like this and it was incredible.
- Surprise trips. My husband surprised me with a trip to the city we got married in for one valentines day. We had dinner at the same restaurant, hung out at the nice warm beach, and spent the weekend at the same hotel. It was very sweet.
- Glass roses. My confession? I kill plants. It’s a sad thing. Even roses, which are already dead die faster if they’re in my care. My husband got me a glass rose once because it would never die, and left it for me to find in my car after school. It was really sweet.
- A relaxing night in. Sometimes there’s nothing better than curling up on the couch with your significant other with fire in the fireplace, your favorite movie, and favorite dinner/snacks.
I think Kaitlin really has the right idea here, the best romantic gifts are giving with the recipient in mind. There is no gift that works for everyone (well maybe except for chocolate :p)
And for this blog hop the author Kaitlin Bevis is giving away 2 e-books. So there will be two winners! The winners get to choose either Perspehone (Daughters of Zeus #1) or Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus #2). Both are awesome reads :). So what are you waiting for? Go and enter for a chance to win: