Today is my stop on the blog tour for Retribution by Virginia Brasch. Virginia Brasch is published by Entranced Publishing. This blog tour runs from 3rd March 2014 until 16th March 2014, you can view the whole tour schedule here. I’ll share some information about the book, a tens list by the author about food and there is a giveaway to win an e-copy of this book.
An eye for an eye. Bailey Russell is an assassin on an Artemis Agency assignment that is both business and personal: take out Amir Fahad, the arms dealer, who killed her partner. She’s put together an ideal plan that includes using herself as bait. Grieving the loss of her former partner and her team’s faith in her she vows the only way this mission ends is in death: hers or Fahad’s.
A dangerous web they weave. British Intelligence Operative, Ben Ambrose, is married to his job. And for the past three months that has meant living undercover as part of Fahad’s crew. Three month’s work blown when he feels compelled to risk his life to protect Bailey and her friends from Fahad’s men.
The best laid plans. Bailey’s plan ruined. Ben’s cover blown. Their entire professional lives consist of lies and subterfuge, but there’s one thing Bailey and Ben can’t hide from each other, their growing attraction. Still, each wants to complete their mission at all costs: personal and professional.
Payback’s a bitch and this time her name is Bailey.
You can add Retribution to your to-read list on Goodreads.
You can find more about Retribution on the Entranced Publishing website.
You can buy Retribution here:
And now for the tens list about food :).
I was asked for a Top Ten List of Foods! So to celebrate the launch of my first book, Retribution: Book One of the Artemis Series, I’ve put together a list of foods inspired by the book. I’ve thrown a few drinks in there as well. Enjoy.
1. Concoction Rice: You can get as traditional or inventive as you want with this dish. It is rice cooked in stock with onion, veggies, herbs and fish. I’ve heard of crayfish and mackerel but you could use whatever you fancied. As a gumbo lover, I look forward to playing around with this dish that features in the book!
2. Margaritas. Okay, not a food, but the Artemis Agents love their margarita nights.
3. Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes: Chocolate cupcakes made with Guinness, chocolate ganache piped inside made with Jamison, and topped with Bailey’s frosting – these delicious treats earned their spot on the list with their dangerous name. Don’t forget, danger abounds in this suspense book.
4. Sandstorm: Black Sambuca topped with Bailey’s Irish cream. Adds a nice visual with the mixing, earning its name.
5. Thick beef stew served with thick crusty bread: I call this dish “He’s going to try and dump you there while he follows a lead.”
6. Granola bars and bottled water: the go-to on the run dish of choice.
7. Lady Locks: A delicious little cookie confection made with Crisco, sugar, egg yolks, flour and water (maybe a little vanilla for extra yum). For any covert agent having to get through security locks – these are a must.
8. Gourmet popcorn: Perfect for any movie night holed up in the Artemis Penthouse.
9. Seaweed chips: For anyone planning on being overtaken by pirates on the high seas.
10. And last but not least, Retribution: A drink with peppermint liqueur, tequila, jagermeister and cinnamon schnapps courtesy of drinksmixer.com. It certainly sounds like a recipe for Retribution.
Happy tasting and thanks for having me!
About the Author
Virginia Brasch, author of Retribution, the first book in the Artemis Series is making her writing debut. The married Pennsylvania native has an inherited love of books. Virginia was tired of reading stories about helpless damsels in distress and started writing about her own kind of heroine.
She snorts when she laughs, has an unfortunate fondness for karaoke, a growing collection of books, and is drawn always to the sea. She was also once hit in the head by a small sailboat’s boom and tossed overboard. This taught her the importance of expecting the unexpected. She enjoys dirty jokes and swears like a sailor though claims to be “****ing working on it.”
Virginia is an adventurer who lives a wildly exciting life. Afraid to fly, she travels infrequently. She gets excited to spend a night in reading or snuggle up watching a movie with her husband. She likes hanging out with her mom or tentatively venturing out with girlfriends, lured by promises of wine and laughing until it hurts.
“Life is short. Have fun while you’re here.”
She writes suspense with a romantic kick and fully believes heroines should be a bit brash. For more romantic suspense fun, or just for a chat, you can find Virginia on twitter (@Virginia_Brasch), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/VBrasch), and her website (http://virginiabrasch.wordpress.com/). She encourages readers to go ahead and be a little bit Brasch.