The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
I don’t know why, but this week was just weird. There where some good moments and some not so good moments. I got a phone call I am through to the next round of the application for a job, so next thuesday I have an interview for this job. And I am already wondering if there will be another round after this.
It was an emotional week, things just didn’t seem to go the way I wanted. And then my boyfriend bought chocolates for me the day after a rough day and that cheered me up a bit.
And I bought an awesome game last week called PixelJunk Monsters, it’s a tower defense game with nice graphics. I finally tried it this week and found out it had a two player option, so I played it together with my boyfriend.
And I am trying another style for my book haul in this post as I just can’t seem to get it right. It won’t show up how it did in blogger and I can’t figure out how I want it to show up now in wordpress.
I also spend quite some time this week visiting other blogs and commenting and it brought me in a good mood. It felt good to see what other bloggers are up to and when commenting on other blogs I really feel part of this community and I wonder why I don’t make time to do this more often, probably because I am usually too busy to make time for it. I also added a widget with a list of awesome blogs to my siderbar, it’s still a work in progress though and I am regulary adding new blogs. And I am sure some great ones aren’t on the list yet.
I also did something new on the blog this week and posted a recipe of Twisted Cinnamon Bread, which I made on Monday and suddenly decided to make a blog post about it. I changed my mind a few times, but in the end decided to take the risk and just post it. I am thinking of posting something non-book related each saturday, so that might be a recipe or a review of something that isn’t a book or something about me. It can be different each week, but I am going to try this and I hope you all like this new content too! Next week I’ll be posting about one of my favourite game genres, Tower Defense!
So yeah it was a bit of a hectic week and next week sounds like it might be even worse. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow to get some of my cavities fixed and I am totally terrified. Then a job interview on Theusday and I just hate job interviews, because I seem so bad at them and always feel like I say the wrong thing. And I really want this job!
This week I posted about:
– Cover Reveal: Exodus 2022 by Kenneth Bennett
– Book Blitz: Get Tempted by Joanne Rock
– Release Day Blitz: Everlasting (Night Watchmen #1) by Candace Knoebel
– Blog Tour: I See London by Chanel Cleeton
– Review: Summoned by Rainy Kaye
– Recipe: Twisted Cinnamon Bread
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Book Blitz: His Hometown Girl by Karen Rock
– Cover Reveal: Desire by PT Michelle
– Book Birthday: Fire Country (Country Saga #1) by David Estes
– Cover Reveal: When I Surrender by Kendall Ryan
– Games: Tower Defense
– True Colors by Melissa Pearl -e -copy – bought it myself – Goodreads
– The Girl Who Wasn’t by Heather Hildenbrand – e-copy – free from Smashwords – Goodreads
– A Ranger’s Tale (Tallenmere #1) by Mysti Parker – e-copy – for review – Goodreads
– One Good Cowboy (Diamonds in the Rough #1) by Catherine Mann – e-copy from netgalley – for review – Goodreads
Current Giveaways (can also be found in my sidebar):
– Tour wide giveaway Beasts of Burdin
– Dreams in Her Head cover reveal wide giveaway
– 25 e-copies of Exodus 2022 by Kenneth Bennet
– Get tempted blitz wide giveaway
– I See London tour wide giveaway
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: From Frights to Flaws by Sunayna Prasad – sign-ups open till 14 March
– Blog Tour: One Good Cowboy by Catherine Mann – sign-ups open till March 31
– Blog Tour: Wingmen Warriors by Catherine Mann – sign-ups open till April 30
– One Good Cowboy by Catherine Mann – sign-ups open till further notice
– Grayson’s Surrender and Taking Cover by Catherine Mann – sign-ups open till further notice
I know what you mean about lacking time to do the fun stuff sometimes. I’d love to spend more time blog browsing and visiting all these goodreads groups but I just can’t seem to find the time! With me it’s ‘I’ll do that next week’ but never do. I’m reducing the amount of review books I’m taking on so I can have time for reading books I’ve bought and downloaded, and trying to organize my online time a bit better. I hope it works!
chucklesthescot recently posted…New Release: Beasthood by AZ Green(new edition)
I actually took on more and more review books lately to compensate for my financial situation and not being able to buy as many books. But now I’ve got a lot of those to read in time for their blog tour stops and that’s a bit stressfull to.
Mercury in retrograde is causing all types of issues lately. I can’t wait for it to be over.
I’ve also been paying more attention to blogs using bloglovin. It’s nice to read what people are up to.
S. J. Pajonas recently posted…Butterman (Time) Travel Tour and Review
I love bloglovin, it’s so handy to use. Unfortunately it’s been already two days since I checked. It’s been a busy few days.
The cover for True Color is really pretty! Hope you have a better (aka less emotional) week this week! Good luck on your interview!
SP & STS
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know recently posted…Sunday Post – 85 & Stacking the Shelves – 55
Thanks Sandy :). And I think the cover of True Colors is really pretty, when I participated in the cover reveal I knew I wanted to read it after seeing the cover (although not only because of the cover ;), but the blurb is good too). Let’s hope this week will be good, although I know tomorrow will be horrible because I have to go to the dentist :(.
I like the cover for the first book. It has a wonderful, color filled look. I hope you love your new books. They look fantastic.
Books of Love
Grace Fonseca recently posted…Stacking The Shelves & BB & B-A small week
I totally agree and the cover is one of the reasons I want to read the book. I mean it’s so beautifull and it has a great blurb too and was on sale for 0.99$, so yeah I had to buy it.
The Girl Who Wasn’t looks interesting, I like the cover. I also don’t mind seeing non-book related posts and checked out your Twisted Cinnamon Bread- yummy.
My Sunday post is here
Peggy @ The Pegster Reads recently posted…Sunday Post #6 February 23rd Sharing my blog news
I have been getting some great feedback on the recipe posts so far, so I guess the non-book content posts on saturday will stay then :). All this talking about the twisted cinnamon bread makes me want to make it again.