The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was a pretty good week, all things considered, it had a few bad moments, but I also had a lot of time to read :). And after how I only read 6 books in January I am glad February started off better, I kept feeling the pressure of those review books I had to read for a blog tours in March and I am glad to have most of those read for now.
I also won a signed paperback copy of Third Daughter by Susan Kaye Quinn earlier this week and I can’t wait for it to arrive! I already owned the e-copy (and still haven’t read it), but I am so thrilled to have won a signed paperback. There is not much that’s better than winning a signed paperback.
I had to do some questionaire tests on the internet for an application, which made me a bit nervous. Even though during my study Psychology I have gotten used to sitting behind a computer answering questions on a screen, when it’s called a test I still get nervous and wonder how well I did. We had till 12 February to finish the tests, so I guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer to hear back about it. The job is a parttime job for an online shop that’s pretty big here in the Netherlands and this position is for the books department, so I really hope to get this job :).
And another exciting thing happened this week. I got my new design for Lola’s Blog Tours and it’s so awesome. I totally love it! It’s designed by Parajunkee. I am also having a giveaway to celebrate the new design. You can enter the giveaway here.
This week I posted about:
– Blog Tour: Taut by JA Huss
– Review: I See London by Chanel Cleeton – 3 stars
– Book Blitz: Immagica by KA Last
– Cover Reveal: Flawed Perfection by Cassandra Giovanni
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Cover Reveal: Head Above Water
– Blog Tour: Beasts of Burdin by Alex Nader
– Blog Tour: Masked (New World #2) by Janelle Stalder
– Cover Reveal: Dreams in Her Head
– Cover Reveal: Face Time by SJ Pajonas
– Blog Tour: Almost Married by Roe Valentine
Ever wonder why some of the posts for next week do contain the author and others don’t? Well I keep a google calendar and I check it every week to see what’s on the blog next week and for most events I only write down the book title. For some I remember the author and then add it here, for others I only know which type of post it is and the title. So that’s why 🙂
– Summoned by Rainy Kaye – e-copy – for review – Goodreads
– His Hometown Girl by Karen Rock – e-copy – for review – Goodreads
– The Problem with Crazy by Lauren McKellar – e-copy – for review – Goodreads
Current Giveaways (can also be found in my sidebar):
– Tour wide giveaway The Darkest Day by Emi Gayle
– Tour Wide Giveaway The Replacement
– Tour Wide Giveaway Taut
– e-copy of Immagica and blitz wide giveaway
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Cover Reveal: Face Time by SJ Pajonas – sign-ups open till 12 February
– Book Blitz: Get Tempted by Joanne Rock – sign-ups open till 13 February
– Review Opportunity: My Secret Fantasies by Joanne Rock – sign-ups open till 15 April
The logo looks great 🙂
I have my fingers crossed you get the job. Those test are nerve racking.
I have heard about Third Daughter and notice it has great reviews, hope you enjoy it 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Michelle recently posted…Week In READ-view & The Sunday Post
Thanks Michelle :). I just keep worrying about those tests as I didn’t got to see my results, so I have no idea how well I did.
I am really looking forward to reading Third Daughter, I think I might wait till my signed copy arrives and read that one.
Hope you have a great weekend too!
Yay. We both are on the Summoned tour. I like the covers for your other two books. Enjoy your new goodies.
Grace Fonseca recently posted…Sunday Love Affair #48: (Urban Fantasy) Night Owls by Lauren M. Roy
Summoned sounds really good, I’ll have 3 review books to read first, but then I am starting Summoned. Really like the cover too. And it’s about Djinns, I haven’t read many books about them yet, so I am really curious.
I have almost finished His Hometown Girl and I am enjoying it so far. The next up is The Problem With Crazy for a review at the end of next week, if I manage to read it in time.
I keep my fingers crossed for you – I would love to work either in a book shop or anything to do with books and writing. My job is far removed from it… The design looks great and is very much recognisable.
My Sunday Post here
Peggy Farooqi recently posted…Sunday Post #4 February 9th Sharing blog news and book haul
Thanks Peggy :). So far almost all my jobs have something related with books, although I didn’t plan it that way at first. I am running a blog tour organizing business and I worked for Entranced Publishing for a year. I also would love to work in a book shop, I have applied for a few in the past, but never got accepted.
Lola recently posted…Sunday Post #60