The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was an okay week. Finally the leaking faucet got fixed this week, but the downside was that it took almost 3 hours due to various issues and then we still had to clean things up. So that was a pain. On Monday we took a trip to The Hague, which was fun. We ate some nice food and browsed some stores. We found some really good filled rice balls and had noodle soup for lunch. I’ve been enjoying the pretty autumn weather we’ve been having here. It’s been cooler, but we had some nice sunny moments as well as some cloudy days and a bit of rain.
The rest of the week went a bit more standard and I could still get some work done. I sent out the media kits for two tours starting next week. I put live two new review opportunities one for a historical fantasy romance book and one for a historical fiction book. I had a tour I organized start this week and I also made some progress on work for some of my authors.
What did I read this week?
I finished two great reads this week. Winter’s Orbit was an awesome slow burn scifi romance book with great characters. There’s a bit of politics and a bit of mystery as well and kept my attention throughout the book.
The Unbreakable Bladesong Druid was a great ending to this series and I really liked how things got resolved. It was fast paced with some great twists and turns. I liked seeing how much Saber has grown throughout the series.
I also DNF’d Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Truth or Lie by Ember Blaze
– Review: Batter Off Dead by Maddie Day
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Christmas Scarf Murder by Carlene O’Connor, Maddie Day and Peggy Ehrhart
– Review: The Unbreakable Bladesong Druid by Annette Marie
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: The Republic of Reality by Adam Rowan
– Review Opportunity: Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland by Connie Lacy – New!
– Review Opportunity: Burning Secret by R J Lloyd – New!
– Cover Reveal: A Light in the Window by Dan Lutts – 5 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Chasing Tarzan by Catherine Forster – 26 September till 2 October
– Blog Tour: Beneath the Smiling Moustache by Belinda Lara Robinson – 26 September till 16 October
– Blog Tour: The Question is Murder by Mark Willen – 3 till 16 October
– Book Blitz: Pets in Space 7 – 4 till 24 October
– Blog Tour: Abby’s Pony Love by Susan Count – 10 till 23 October
– Blog Tour: Neverdying by Shanti Hershenson – 10 till 30 October
– Blog Tour: The Beached Ones by Colleen M. Story – 17 till 30 October
– Blog Tour: A Light in the Window by Dan Lutts – 21 October till 10 November
Sounds like you’re a busy lady! That’s a lot of book tours to coordinate!
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
Yeah I really have a lot of tours going on right now.
I’m glad your faucet finally got fixed and the day trip to The Hague sounds fun and tasty. Good that you could get some work projects done and finish off some good books particularly a good finish to the series. Fall weather has arrived here, too, and I’m loving it.
Have a good week, Lola!
Sophia Rose recently posted…Back to the Garden by Laurie R. King
The trip to The Hague was a lot of fun and I am so happy the faucet is finally fixed. It’s satisfying when a series ender wraps up the series so well. The fall weather is a nice change after the warm summer.
Sounds like a pretty good week. I’m glad to hear the faucet finally got fixed.
Mary Kirkland recently posted…Apartment Life #333
I am so glad the faucet finally got fixed, it took way too much time and effort already.
Sounds like a busy week – leaking taps and the cleanup are awful!
Blake recently posted…You gotta be strong enough to walk on through the night
It sure was, glad it’s fixed now.
Winter’s Orbit looks really good. I’ll have to check that one out! I love rice balls (obviously). What flavors did you try?
S. J. Pajonas recently posted…Sunday Update – September 25, 2022
Winter’s Orbit is great! It’s an m/m romance though, I remember you said you usually didn’t read those.
My boyfriend had a rice ball filled with chicken and I had a rice ball with edamame and konbu. I really liked the rice ball, definitely would buy those again next time we’re there.