The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a pretty decent week. I had a few solid days of work and finished some tasks I had hoped to complete this week. Besides that we made two appointments to get the whole leaking faucet thing fixed. Both appointment went well and now we’re just waiting for the last appointment next week to get the actual leaking faucet fixed. It has been a pain it took this much longer, but I am glad we’re almost done with that now. It’s also been nice that the temperatures have cooled down and you can really feel the nip in the air, it’s also been raining often, which I am less happy about. But all the rain is good as we had a very dry summer here in the Netherlands.
There were also some things that didn’t go as smoothly. One of our faucet appointments got switched to urgent by someone in that company which handled the request, despite me not saying anything about it being urgent. Then it took another hour of calling back and with the various companies involved to straighten it all out. Which felt like such a waste of time. I tried a new recipe this week which was a total flop and no amount of trying to fix it worked. It was a red bell pepper soup and it was just not working. I always feel very sad when a dish doesn’t work out.
Work wise I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped, but I focused on the most important tasks and got those done. I got two new sign up posts, one for a supernatural thriller book and a cover reveal and blog tour for a YA fantasy book. I am working on two more review opportunities that I hope to have live next week. I also worked on some tasks for some of the authors I do assistant work for and even wrapped up this month’s work for one of them.
What did I read this week?
Christmas Scarf Murder was a fun Christmas themed cozy mystery anthology, including three different cozy mysteries all featuring a Christmas scarf and Christmas. I really liked the one by Maddie Day, whose series I already know and enjoy. I also liked the first story in the anthology by Carlene O’Conner which was a great mystery. The third story in the anthology was my least favorite as the writing style and some other things didn’t work for me, but it did have plenty of Christmas cheer.
I also finished The Pie in the Scry, which is the next book in this paranormal cozy mystery series. I really enjoyed the book and seeing how Aly dealt with the time loop, but I really disliked the ending and how it changes everything.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Truth or Lie by Ember Blaze
– Review: Batter Off dead by Maddie Day
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Little Women Mermaid Edition by Megan Lois Whitehill
– Review Opportunity: Bly by Kelsey Ketch
– Review Opportunity: The Republic of Reality by Adam Rowan
– Cover Reveal: A Light in the Window by Dan Lutts – 5 October – New!
– Blog Tour: Burning Secret by R J LLoyd – 19 September till 9 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Chasing Tarzan by Catherine Forster – 26 September till 2 October
– Blog Tour: Beneath the Smiling Moustache by Belinda Lara Robinson – 26 September till 16 October
– Blog Tour: The Question is Murder by Mark Willen – 3 till 16 October
– Book Blitz: Pets in Space 7 – 4 till 24 October
– Blog Tour: Abby’s Pony Love by Susan Count – 10 till 23 October
– Blog Tour: Neverdying by Shanti Hershenson – 10 till 30 October
– Blog Tour: The Beached Ones by Colleen M. Story – 17 till 30 October – New!
– Blog Tour: A Light in the Window by Dan Lutts – 21 October till 10 November – New!