The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was a decent week. I visited my mom for lunch and we chatted a lot and caught up on things. Then I had a video call with my sister to catch up with her as well. It also was my birthday this week. I bought a pastry for myself and did a bit less work. I was kinda tired this week and we had again some really warm days which put a bit of a damper on things.
Work wise I got a bit less done as usual do the social events, but I still managed to get things done. I wrapped up the assistant work for another author and made progress on work for the rest. I put the sign up post live for a non-fiction memoir tour and am working on another one. I also had a tour running that I organized.
What did I read this week?
The Space Between Heartbeats was a really good read and a beautiful story about forgiveness and change. I liked the unique concept and the sweet romance and seeing the main character come close to death and evaluate who she wants to be.
Stone Wings was a bit of a miss for me with some tropes I usually don’t like and that sadly didn’t work for me here either. I liked reading about the gargoyles as that’s not something I read a lot about, but couldn’t really feel the romance.
Sapphire Mage was another solid installment in this fast paced fantasy series. I liked seeing the story progress, learning more about the mages and seeing how they handled everything.
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Fatalities and Folios by A.C.F. Bookens
– Review: Legacy of the Lost by Lindsay Sparks
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Beyond Blue Frontiers by Cecilia Randell
– Review: Tangled Truths by Lindsay Buroker
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Gambling with Murder by Lida Sideris
– Review Opportunity: Little Women Mermaid Edition by Megan Lois Whitehill
– Review Opportunity: Bly by Kelsey Ketch
– Blog Tour: Burning Secret by R J LLoyd – 19 September till 9 October
– Bookstagram Blitz: Chasing Tarzan by Catherine Forster – 26 September till 2 October – New!
– Blog Tour: Beneath the Smiling Moustache by Belinda Lara Robinson – 26 September till 16 October
– Blog Tour: The Question is Murder by Mark Willen – 3 till 16 October
– Book Blitz: Pets in Space 7 – 4 till 24 October
I hope you had a good birthday! How lovely to catch up with your mum and sister.
Have a great week ahead!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
Thank you! It was fun to catch up with my mom and sister.
I’m glad you had good visits with family and took a bit of time for yourself to celebrate your big day. Way to go finishing up some work and a nice stack of books. Hoping you get some cooler temps this week.
Have a good week, Lola!
Sophia Rose recently posted…Give Up the Ghost by Angie Fox
Not much cooler temperatures yet, but the slight nip of cold in the air is kinda nice. We’re getting a few warm days still before it cools down again. I am glad I could fit those visits in and had a good birthday.
So nice to get caught up with your mom and sister! And happy birthday again!
S. J. Pajonas recently posted…July and August 2022 Goals
Thank you! It was a nice birthday and it was fun to catch up with my mom and sister.
It’s nice to have a visit with family. Happy birthday.
Mary Kirkland recently posted…Favorite Picture of the Week
Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Take care and have a great week!
Sara recently posted…REVIEW | Lore
Thanks! It was a great birthday.