The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This week was okay. Unfortunately I am in a bit of a slump. This week was a bit of a struggle as I couldn’t find the right book to read or the right game to play. It’s tough when I can’t unwind in my free time. I just got annoyed at everything I do as it’s not right for my mood. I hope the slump is over soon, I think I might be slowly crawling out of it as I am enjoying my current read and found a game I enjoyed, so fingers crossed the slump is going away now.
Last weekend I got my first vaccine shot and I got minimal side effects. I had some pain and soreness in my upper arm and I felt a tad feverish the first night, but that was all. By now my boyfriend has also received his first vaccine shot. Netherlands is opening up and restrictions are disappearing everywhere. I got quite the shock when grocery shopping and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. I know a lot of people are vaccinated already, but still a lot aren’t and it seems too early to lower all the restriction.
It was a solid work week. I finished up my work for June for the authors I work for and made a start on this month’s work. I also had two tours I organize take place this week and I sent out the media kits for the tour that starts next week. I also made the time to write a new blog post for authors. I really enjoy writing them, although I am not sure how many authors are finding and reading them so far, but I hope once I have more of them published that will help.
What did I read this week?
I gave A Glimmer of a Clue a 3 star rating. I liked the fairy and fairy garden theme, but didn’t care for the mystery. Track the Sun also got a 3 star rating, I really liked the world building and mythology surrounding the magic, but didn’t care for the characters and the back and forth romance. Besides this I DNF’d two fiction books and a non-fiction one. The Queen’s Triumph was a great read and I really enjoyed the ending to this series.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: Sprinkles and Sea Serpents by Danielle Garrett
– Lola’s Kitchen: Pesto Salad with pesto Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Replaced Parts by Stephanie Hansen
– Review Opportunity: Iridescent by S.H. Everly
– Review Opportunity: Snuggle with the Strange by Liane Carter
– While at the Altar by Pamela D. Smith
– Blog Tour: Life and Other Complications by Heather Mullaly – 5 till 18 July
– Blog Tour: The Jade Talisman by Alanna Mackenzie – 12 till 18 July
– Bookstagram Blitz: Remember My Name Series by Laurencia Hoffman – 19 till 25 July
– Cover Reveal: Bly by Kelsey Ketch – 22 July
– Blog Tour: The Legend of Hobart by Heather Mullaly – 26 July till 8 August
– Blog Tour: Change by Lyla Oweds – 26 July till 8 August
– Blog Tour: The Twin Stars by Bridgette Dutta Portman – 26 July till 8 August