The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
It was a bit of a meh week, not for any specific reason, but this week just seemed to drag and go too fast at the same time. It had some bad days, where I just felt grumpy the whole day for no reason at all. I also spend way too much time worrying, hopefully that will finally go away next week. Although it might take a few more weeks to completely disapear. And I have a dentist appointment next week for our half yearly check-up, ugh, not looking forward to that.
I also focussed a bit on some Lola’s Blog Tours site related things this weeky. I finally managed to change the colour of the links on my testimonials page thanks to Ashley her html/ CSS help post on Nosegraze. I’ve been trying to fix this for a while and couldn’t figure it out, but Ashley knew how to solve it and gave me a clear answer on how to fix it! And then I decided it would be nice to make a form for testimonials, so authors and bloggers can submit a testimonial. I usually ask author once their tour has ended if they want to write a testimonial, but some authors only did review opportunities which are still going on and this offers the opportunity for everyone to write a testimonial.
My sister got confirmation this week that she and her boyfriend got a house and she will be moving out somewhere mid/ end april. So change is coming soon. To be honest it will be nice having the house to ourselves, although in terms of money it’s going to be tough for a while. I have the feeling April is going to be a crazy month. Not sure when exactly she will be moving out, hoping to get mroe clarification about how things will be going next week.
Then saturday I had a headache for the whole day and after dinner it got so bad I couldn’t stand the light anymore. I’ve had bad headaches before, but never so bad as this one, I usually can still function. Now I had to go lie down for a whole hour with all the light out before it got back to a bearable level. Needless to say I didn’t got much work done yesterday.
I got some reading done this week as well. I finished my beta read, which I really had to force myself to finish. Then I finished a fun novella and after that decided to ignore all the books I should read and start a romance novel as I was realy in the mood for a romance book. And I am reading a fun dragon shapeshifter book on my ipad now, after I finished my first historical romance book. So those who voted for In for Penny during the My To-Be Read list meme, I actually have read the book as well and you can expect my review next week!
What did I cook for dinner this week?
- Extra: Half chocolate half peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips
- Monday: Fried Quinoa
- Tuesday: Risottto with broccoli, paprika, pesto and spinach
- Wednesday: fried quinoa leftovers
- Thursday: Red Curry with Pineapple – recipe post coming in July
- Friday: Sajoer Beans
- Extra: Crumb Cake
- Saturday: Carrot Souffle with vega saucage and baked champignons
Random Picture(s) of the Week
This is one of the so called Pita Hammocks, I usualy hang them in the cage in a different way, but tried somethign new. About an hour after the rats got into the cage I foudn Smarties lying in the hammock. It seems she enjoys it like this!
She woke as I was taking a picture of her and showed her face.
The Half chocolate half peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips I made this week. They were pretty good, although the chocolate dough needs a bit of tweaking as there was a bit too much cacao powder in it for our taste.
This week I blogged about:
– Review: Rice Cooker Revenge (Kami no Sekai Short Story series #1) by SJ Pajonas
– Review: Hunt (Wildcats #0.5) by Rachel Vincent
– Lola’s Ramblings: I don’t Watch TV
– Lola’s Kitchen: Creamy Spinach Pasta Sauce Recipe
– Review: Lion’s Share (Wildcats #1) by Rachel Vincent
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Bookish Resolution Challenge: March Recap
– 2015 New Release Challenge: first quarterly recap
– Review: In for a Penny (In for a Penny #1) by Rose Lerner
– Lola’s Ramblings: How to spend less Money while Grocery Shopping
– Lola’s Kitchen: Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Chills: a short story collection by Sahar Sabati – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Flawless by Jennifer McGill – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: The Luthier’s Apprentice by Mayra Calvani – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Cross Roads by Donald Wilson II – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Last House Burning by Katy Scott – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Click Date Repeat by K.J. Farnham – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Mending Michael (Hunter Hill University #2) by J.P. Grider – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: True Calling (True Calling #1) by Siobhan Davis – sign-ups open till further notice
– Review Opportunity: Nights Under the Tennessee Stars by Joanne Rock – sign-ups open till further notice
– Blog Tour: Raising the Stakes by Karen Rock – sign-ups open till 31 March
– Book Blitz: True Calling by Siobhan Davis – sign-ups open till 12 April
– Blog Tour: Tara Nikkel and the Shaman of La’la Eek by R.A. Sapp – sign-ups open till 13 April
– Book Blitz: Bound by Blood by Scott Springer – sign-ups open till 20 April
– Book Blitz: Suspected by Rori Shay – sign-ups open till 21 April
– Blog Tour: Regina Shen by Lance Erlick – sign-up open till 17 May
– Book Blitz: Love Overcomes by Angela Schroeder – sign-ups open till 18 May
– Blog Tour: Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis– sign-ups open till 30 April
– Blog Tour: All for Love by Susanne Matthews– sign-ups open till 25 May
Lovestruck (True Calling #1.5)
by Siobhan Davis
Source: for review
You can find Lovestruck on Goodreads
Everything changed the moment he found her…
Cal Remus is in love.
But the object of his affection barely acknowledges his existence. Worse: She acts like he’s the dirt sticking to the bottom of her shoe. Weaker men might give up. But not Cal. Hell no, he loves a good challenge and Ariana Skyee has made this the most intriguing challenge of all.
Having read his father’s confidential military files, Cal should be concerned about the seemingly fragile new world order on Planet Novo and the events back on Earth. But he’s distracted.
Securing Arianas love is his number one priority.
He’s going to win her heart, or die trying.
Special note from the author:
This short story is narrated solely from Cal Remus’ point of view, and it depicts the events leading up to the introduction of ‘The Calling.’ That is; the events that pre-date True Calling, Book 1 in the series. This can be read as a stand-alone story. However, if you are planning on reading the True Calling series, I recommend that you read the titles in the following sequence:
True Calling – Book 1
Lovestruck – Short Story
Beyond Reach – Book 2
Light of a Thousand Stars – Novella
Destiny Rising – Book 3.