Judgment (Debt Collector #16)
by Susan kaye Quinn
Urban Fantasy with a Cyberpunk Twist
***sixth episode of the second season***
Recommended: start with Season One.
What’s your life worth on the open market?
In this gritty urban fantasy, debt collectors take your life energy and give it to someone more “worthy”… all while paying the price with black marks on their souls.
In order to save her friends, Wraith has to do the one thing she dreads most of all: reveal her true self.
Contains mature content and themes.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
This might be my favourite episode so far! It was just brilliant! Wraith and Zachariel seems to have had the worst behind them, but there are more obstacles in their way. First they have to save Wraith her friends and explain to them that Wraith is actually a Debt Collector and they need a safe place to stay. The scenes were Wraith talked to Meril and Wyatt were done really well and I loved reading them. It tells us more about those characters as well as Wraith. This character focusses quite a lot on the characters and their interactions, which was a fun change from the more plot focussed episodes before this.
And then in the next chapters we meet an old friend again and I was so happy to see Lirium again. It was really fun seeing him from Wraith’s perspective. Also things are starting to make sense in the grand sense, I can’t believe I didn’t connect it before. I know I am bad with names, but that I wouldn’t realize this I wouldn’t expect.
There’s another character we met in the first season, that makes a surprising appearance and it turns out he knows Wraith as well. I really liked this development and I wonder how important this character will be in the grander scheme of things.
This episode is a sort of resting place for the characters, but the scenes and interactions are well written and really add to the story. And we learn a bit more about Debt Collecting in this episode as well. The ending puts the characters at a new dilemma and I am really curious how they are going to stop this plot.
To conclude: I really enjoyed this episode, there are some great scenes and I read this episode in one sitting. There’s a bit more focus on the characters in this episode and I really enjoyed seeing Lirium again. Can’t wait for the next episodes!
You can add Judgment to your to-read list on Goodreads
You can buy Judgment here:
Other books I read and reviewed by this author:
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Delirium (Debt Collector #1) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Agony (Debt Collector #2) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Ecstasy (Debt Collector #3) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Broken (Debt Collector #4) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Driven (Debt Collector #5) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Fallen (Debt Collector #6) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Promise (Debt Collector #7) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Ruthless (Debt Collector #8) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Passion (Debt Collector #9) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Debt Collector Season One (Debt Collector #1-9) – 5 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Wraith (Debt Collector #10) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Specter (Debt Collector #11) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Menace (Debt Colector #12) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Temptation (Debt Colector #13) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Shattered (Debt Colector #14) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Penance (Debt Colector #15) – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Faery Swap – 4 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy #1) – 5 stars
– Susan Kaye Quinn – Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs Trilogy #1) – 5 stars
Phew, I’ve got a lot to catch up, I’ve only got book #1 ! Great review, can’t wait for it to show up my list 🙂
Red Iza recently posted…Amy Andrews : No more Mr. Nice Guy
Once you start, you’ll catch up in no time! After this season ends there won’t be a new season till 2016 :(. Really enjoyed this episode and I can’t wait to read the last two episodes!
The more you review this the more I NEED to read it. I’m going to wait for this season to be over I think, and then binge read! 🙂
Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun recently posted…Pinching Pennies | November 2014
You only have to wait two weeks before the season is complete :). I just got the next episode for review and starting it today! I wonder if the experience is different wether you binge read the whole seasons or read them episode by episode, I like the episodic reading, but on the toher hand reaidng the episodes back to back also sounds nice!