Lola’s Rambings is a feature on Lola’s Review where I talk about me. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like blog tours, book blitzes, cover reveals or reviews. Lola’s Ramblings posts are are personal discussions of a certain topic. Sometimes about book related topics and sometimes about non-book related topics. This feature was previously known as About Me. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
Happy New Year!
I hope you all ended the old year in a nice way. My boyfriend and I stayed home and had a quiet evening until the fireworks started. Yesterday I baked banana cinnamon rolls for the new year’s brunch today. My mom and her husband, my sister and her boyfriend and the daughters of my mom’s husband will visit. Everyone is making something and we have a brunch/ high tea. I hope you all have a fabulous start of the new year!
To celebrate the new year I wanted to share some of my new year resolutions with you. And after that are my goals as part of the 2015 Bookish Resolutions challenge!
New Year Resolutions
- Accept less deadline books. I am a moodreader and working with lots of deadlines for when to read and review books for a certain date can be stressful. I try to limit my deadline books to only one every one or two months to keep it manegable and less stressing.
- Read more (cozy) mysteries. I have read a few mysteries and so far enjoyed them, but I never really buy or look for them. So my plan for 2015 is to try and read more of this genre.
- Read more historical romances. I like romance and I am interested in history, but historical romances never really appealed to me. I want to try a few books in this genres to see if this is a genre for me.
- Keep my amount of scheduled posts around 20-30. Ever since I participated in Blog Ahead this year I managed to keep my scheduled posts around 20-30 and it feels so nice to be ahead. I hope I can keep this buffer and maybe get even more Ahead with the next blog ahead challenges.
- Kick off my new feature on the blog Lola’s Kitchen! I actually already have quite some posts scheduled for this feature, so it’s not really a challenge, this is going to happen! But I thought it was fun to list it as well as it is starting in 2015. The first Lola’s Kitchen post will be on 9 January and after that will be on Friday each week as long as possible.
- Make a dent in my review books pile. I have 46 books for review at the moment of writing this post, if I would only read review books it would still take me half an year till an year to get through these all. I hope to get them down to at least 20 and see if there are any I don’t want to read anymore.
- Organize even more tours with Lola’s Blog Tours than last year. I hope 2015 will be a great year for Lola’s Blog Tours as well and I am determined to keep working hard and make this year even more succesful then the last!
2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge
And as I was already made resolutions for this post I decided to link up with the 2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by A Reader Lives A Thousand Lives and Because Reading is Better Than Real Life Not all of my resolutions are easily trackable so I reworded them a bit to make them trackable.