Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
After trying a vegan pancakes recipe recently I wondered if I could use that and my kaiserschmarrn recipe to make a vegan kaiserschmarrn recipe. After some experimenting I figured out the right amounts and this recipe was born.
This recipe is based on my kaiserschmarrn recipe and Nora Cooks vegan pancakes recipe
- Soy Milk – 1/2 cup
- Flour – 90 gram/ cup
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegan Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – a pinch
This recipe is about two portions or one large portion.
- In a small to medium bowl combine the soy milk, water, olive oil, four, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix with a mixer or whisk.
- Put the vegan butter in a pan and melt it. Just use enough butter to cover the pan.
- Then pour the batter in the pan and let it bake for 5-6 minutes on low to medium heat.
- After 5 minutes turn the pancake around. It’s okay if it falls apart a bit at this stage.
- Let it bake for a few more minutes and start cutting it into smaller pieces.
- Toss the pieces around and bake till they are a bit brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and dust them with some confectioners’ sugar (optional). Enjoy your kaiserschmarrn!
Glad your new idea worked out for some tasty Kaiserscharrn. I’ve never tried it, but now I can think of ideas like topping it with fruit and cinnamon. 🙂
I really like these Kaiserscharrn and they indeed work great with a variety of toppings.
That looks good. I’m glad you found it and like it.
Mary Kirkland recently posted…Happy Raturday!