Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
It’s rare when I eat pointed cabbage. I tend to stay with those few veggies I like and vary with those, but once in a while I buy and pointed cabbage and make this recipe. It’s the only recipe I know that involves pointed cabbage. This recipe is based on a recipe by one of my mom’s previous boyfriends named Hans. Hans liked his food salty and with lots of aromat and sambal, so most of the time it was way too salty or spicy for the rest of us. So imagine our surprise when he actually cooked something good, namely this spiced pointed cabbage recipe. Even though I couldn’t cook at that point I knew I wanted the recipe so I asked it and wrote it down. And now years later I still make it now and then. It’s really simple, yummy and doesn’t take too long to make. Perfect for days when you do want to cook something fresh and yummy, but don’t have much time.
- Pointed Cabbage – 1
- Garlic – 6 gloves
- Vegatarian meat replacements or meat – 200 gram
- Low salt vegetable bouillon cube – 1
- Olive Oil
This recipe serves 2 people, you can easily half it or double for more people. I usually serve it with rice.
- Slice and dice the pointed cabbage and garlic.
- Heat some oil in a wok and bake the garlic. Crumble the bouillon cube into the oil.
- If serving with rice, start heating the water now and add the rice.
- If using meat add the meat first, bake for a while and then add the pointed cabbage. If using meat replacements, add the pointed cabbage first and then in the last few minutes add the meat replacements. Bake the pointed cabbage and bake until it’s softened and shrinks, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and eat.
The Pointed cabbage
Make sure to remove the core when slicing the pointed cabbage
Baking the garlic and bouillon cube
Adding the pointed cabbage
The end result, after bakign for 10 minutes and adding the meat replacement