Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These usually are recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
My boyfriend is a big fan of salads, so once in a while we like to try a new salad recipe. This recipe is loosely based on a storebought salad we once had. It’s a pasta salad with a pesto based dressing.
For the salad:
- Pasta (I used fusilli) – 180 gram/ 2 cups
- Cherry tomatoes – 250 gram/ 1 1/3 cup
- Olives – a few spoonfuls
- Italian spiced chicken (already baked, steamed or cooked) – 150 gram
- Cucumber – 1
- Pine nuts – a few tablespoons
For the pesto dressing:
- Pesto – 3 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 gloves
- Vinegar – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Olive Oil – 45 ml/ 1/6 cup
- White pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- First start boiling the pasta for 9 minutes or follow the directions of the package.
- In the meantime cut the cucumber in slices and remove the juicy inside bit. Put the cucumber in a large bowl.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces if necessary and add to the bowl as well. Slice the olives into smaller pieces and add to the bowl.
- Now assemble the dressing. Scoop de pesto, vinegar and oil into a bowl and mix to combine. Add some freshly ground black pepper and press the garlic gloves using a garlic press and add as well.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- Once the pasta is done boiling, add it to the bowl and stir well. Now add the dressing and stir well.
- Lastly add the pine nuts and cherry tomatoes and then you can eat the salad.