Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
This salad is perfect for those warm summer evenings when you don’t want to cook. It’s easy and quick to prepare and delicious. After buying premade salads one day for dinner I decided to try and make my own. I just added whatever ingredients I felt like at that moment and this salad was born. It’s an original Lola recipe 😉
- Cabbage – 3 or 4 big leaves
- Pasta (I recommend orzo) – 0.5 cup
- Corn – 0.5 cup
- Egg – 3
- Olive Oil
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Vinegar – to taste(optional)
This recipe feeds about 1-2 people. I usually make it for one person and then have a bit leftovers for later that evening or the next day.
- Start by boiling the pasta for ten minutes or follow the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta I boiling start with the egg. Break the eggs in a small bowl and scramble them with a fork. Add soem salt and pepper. Then heat soem olive oil in a pan and bake the egg, while scrambling.
- Tear 3 or 4 big leaves from the cabbage, tear them into small pieces and wash with some water. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is done boiling you can assemble the salad. You cna also wait till the pasta has cooled down a bit, but I like making it immediately. Pick a big bowl and scoop the pasta in it, then add the egg, corn and cabbage. Add a tablespoon or two olive oil, and soem salt and pepper to taste. Add a tablespoon vinegar (optional). Stir well.
- Enjoy your salad!
- Spiced egg pasta salad Instead of adding salt and pepper to the egg, add some sambal and soy sauce. To give it a more spicy flavour.
- Vary with veggies Not a fan of corn? You can also add peas, beans, carrots or nay other veggies you like.
- Pasta salad with boiled egg Instead of scrambling the eggs, boil them and slice them into tiny pieces and mix them through the salad.