Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I am not a big fan of beans or salads, but my boyfriend really likes both, so i tried this Mediterranean bean salad for him and it was a big success. I thought I would share this recipe here on my blog with you as well.
This recipe is based on Kuma’s Kitchen Mediterranean Bean Salad Recipe. I would recommend this Youtube Channel as it has a lot of good and easy to make recipes.
- Red Bell pepper – 1
- 2 different type Beans of your choice – 2 small cans of about 1/2 cup each (I went for chickpeas and kidney beans)
- Corn – 1 small corn/ 1/2 cup
- Feta Cheese – 100 gram
- Capers – 2-3 teaspoons
You can also add some olives if you like, about 1/2 cup.
- Garlic – 1-2 gloves
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Vinegar – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Dijonaise mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- First make the dressing in a small bowl. Slice the garlic in small pieces or use a garlic press. Add the olive oil, vinegar, dijonaise mustard, salt and pepper and stir well till combined.
- Now work on the salad, drain the beans and rinse in water. Then add them to a large bowl. Slice the red bell pepper in small pieces and add to the bowl. Then add the capers. Stir well.
- Now add the dressing and stir well so it coats all the ingredients.
- For the last step slice the feta cheese in small pieces and gently stir through the salad. You can now serve the salad. It stays good in the fridge for a few days.
Want to add some crunch to your salad? You can always add some Roasted Chickpeas, these go along well with this salad.