Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
We found this recipe in one of the magazine from our supermarket and my boyfriend wanted it for lunch. He says it’s very good. I haven’t made a vegetarian version of it yet, so I can’t tell you much about the taste. The sauce is a bit sour and salty. It’s relatively quick and easy to make.
- Green beans- 200 gram
- Chicken – 200 gram
- Silver Onions – 50 gram/ 3 tablespoons
- Ketjap Manis – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Paste- 2 teaspoons
- Olive Oil
- Garlic – 2 gloves or 2 teaspoons
This feeds about 1-2 people. You can add some sesame seeds on top.
- First slice the green beans in small pieces, then set to boil for about 17 minutes.
- In the meantime start on the chicken. Cut it in small squares and then start baking it in a medium sized pan or wok.
- Once the chicken is baked, add the tomato paste, garlic and ketjap manis. Stir well, then add the silver onions (I wash them first, but you can also use them as they are).
- Once the green beans are done cooking, add to the wok and stir until well combined.
You can serve with rice, paste or eat plain.