Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Design.
I have a sweet tooth and I just love cookies, so I knew I had to share my recipe for some of the best cookies I ever ate. These cookies are chewy, chocolaty with just a touch of salt and cinnamon. They are delicious!
This recipe was inspired by Food Network
For the dough:
- All-purpose flour – 375 gram/ 3 cups
- Unsweetened Cacao powder – 16 gram/ 2 tablespoon
- Baking Soda – 2 gram/ 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 12 gram / 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter – 180 gram/ 1 1/2 stick/ 0.8 cup<
- Granulated Sugar – 180 gram/ 1 cup
- Chocolate – 200 gram/ 1 cup
- Eggs of flag eggs- 2
For the sugar mixture to roll cookie dough in:
- Sugar – 50 gram/ 1/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 4 teaspoons
- Unsweetened Cacao powder – 10 gram/ 1 tablespoon
- Sea Salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cacao powder, soda, baking powder and salt. Give it a stir and set aside.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave. Heat for 15 seconds stir well, repeat until all chocolate is molten. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then throw it in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, for a few minutes.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- Now pick another bowl and mix all the ingredients for the sugar mixture.
- Pick a bit of cookie dough, roll in a ball and roll through the sugar. Place on a baking sheet, I always line up 4 each row and they fit all on one baking sheet that way. Repeat until all dough is gone.
- Set the plate in the refrigator for about 30- 60 minutes. Or let stay overnight. You can skip this step.
- Get back to the kitchen when cookie dough has cooled long enough, preheat the oven on 200 degrees Celsius/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit. When oven has preheated bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes. It’s okay if they look a bit underdone, they will finish baking while cooling.
- Let them cool down a bit and eat them ;). Or you can store them in an air-tight container up to 5 days.
Step 1 mix the dry ingredients
Step 2 melt the chocolate
Butter, sliced and ready to go into the microwave
Step 3 mix the butter and sugar
Step 4 mix in the egg
Step 5 add the chocolate
Step 7 make the sugar mixture
Step 8 roll the cookie dough through the sugar mixture
Line the cookies up on the parchment sheet
Close up of raw cookies lined up on the parchment sheet
Step 9 put the cookies in the refrigator
Cookies out of the oven
I didn’t even know snickerdoodles existed lol ! I’m not much of a sweet tooth, but I love lemon cookies 🙂 Well, everything with lemon in it !
Red Iza recently posted…#Fitreaders and Health update #5
Oh I really like lemon cookies as well, haven’t made those in a while, last time I made them they failed :(. I think snickerdoodles is one of those typical american cookies, it’s a cookie with cinnamon and sugar on the outside.
Yes the Snickerdoodles are great! Also favorite cookies are probably Cinnamon cookies *_* <3
Oh I didn’t know that! Well normal snickerdoodles are cinnamon cookies, or did you mean a different kind?
Lola recently posted…Lola’s Kitchen: Chocolate Snickerdoodles Recipe
Any cinnamon cookies are fine 😀 Remember the cinnamon-ball cookies from my cookies cookbook? they were also great 😀
Ah yes those where yummy!
Snickerdoodles are a family favorite for Christmas time. I’ve never tried chocolate in them. Sounds good!
Sophia Rose recently posted…The Great Pick Up Line with Mistress of the City by Mina Carter #TGPUL
I think I tried them with chocolate first and only after that without chocolate, but with chocolate pieces in them. I don’t think I have made normal snickerdoodles yet, still have to try that!
Oh yum I will have to give this a try!
I hope you give it a try! I really want to make these soon again, they are so good and I haven’t made them in a while.
This post totally brought back memories! Waaay back when I was…13 I think, one of my friends wanted to come over and bake cookies, and I was like okay! So he came over with all of the ingredients for snickerdoodles! Well, they were a total failure and my mom made fun of us. But it was a fun afternoon. 😀
Angie F. recently posted…Chick Flick Friday: Beaches
Ah sad to hear your cookies where a failure, but at least you had a fun afternoon :). I often associate memories with bakings as well, like the first time I made these we went to a zoo with my boyfriends his parents the next day and when we got hoem that evening we where tired and happy we still had some of these yummy cookies.
Oh yum! I’ve never had chocolate ones. Just the regular version. Those look so good! I love all your ingredients. I know that’s silly but it’s so fun to see the different packaging. lol
anna (herding cats & burning soup) recently posted…Blogger to Author (4)–When is it OKAY for an author to comment…
I haven’t tried the regular version yet, but I love these chocolate version.
You’re the first to comment about the ingredients, I was wodnering whether someone would notice that. These are all commom brands here and normally when I view recipes on the internet I think the ingredients look so different because of all the brands they don’t have here.
Omigoodness! How have I never heard of chocolate snickerdoodles??? I, and my family, love snickerdoodles, Lola. Guess what I’m making this week?!? 😉
Bookworm Brandee recently posted…Interview with Author Michelle Mankin ~ Plus Giveaway
I just made these sunday evening and they are all gone now, they are so good! I hope you get to try making these cookies this week and let me know how they turn out!
Oh my gosh these look SO DELICIOUS and It looks like I can make them dairy free too with my special margarine! I will have to give these a shot *drools*
Jeann @ Happy Indulgence recently posted…Read Play Blog #8 – My Valentines Date and Favourite Couple
They are really good! After posting this recipe I had to make them again and they where gone in two days. And like you mentioned it probably won’t be too difficult to make these dairy free. I hope you like them :).
Lola recently posted…Lola’s Kitchen: Spinach Dal Recipe