Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I came up with this recipe when I wanted the cajun spice mix from my cajun pasta recipe, but then with rice. It’s a bit of the idea like my dirty rice recipe, but then slightly different. The cajun spices really shine here and work well with the rice. This is not a spicy cajun spice mix, but you can make it spicy if you like
This recipe is based on my Cajun pasta recipe and my fried rice recipe. I sort of combined the idea of fried rice with the spice mix I use for my cajun pasta recipe and turned it into Cajun fried rice.
- Rice – 1 and 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- Red Bell pepper – 2
- Onion – 2
- Celery sticks – 3
- Carrots – 3
- Garlic – 4 gloves
- Minced meat or vegetarian minced meat – 400 gram
- Low Salt Bouillon Cubes – 2
- Paprika powder – 4 teaspoons
- Garlic Powder – 3 teaspoons
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Oregano – 2 teaspoons
- Thyme – 2 teaspoons
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Black Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon or more if you like your food spicy
This feeds about 8 people.
- First slice and dice the onion Peel the garlic and then use a garlic press to make it even smaller. Bake the onion and garlic till the onion is translucent. If using real meat add that now and bake till it’s no longer pink. If using vegetarian meat add that later.
- In the meantime slice the bell peppers, carrots and celery and then add those to the work and bake it high fire for a few minutes. Start cooking the rice now.
- Add some water, the bouillon cubes and the spices to the wok now and stir well. If using vegetarian meat add that as well.
- When the rice is done cooking add that to the wok and stir well and cook for a few more minutes.
- You can eat your cajun fried rice now.