Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
I’ve done a Banana Bread recipe before on the blog, but this recipe is totally different. Not only because it has coconut (it has coconut and I figured that would make a for a good title), but the whole recipe is completely different. This one has olive oil in the dough, rolled oats and whole wheat flour and it’s delicious. Even better than my first recipe if I dare say so. I also like how this banana bread doesn’t get as sticky after a few days than most banana breads, maybe due to the oats and coconut? I hope you give this one a try!
This recipe is based on Jumbo’s Sticky ontbijt-bananencake recipe
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups/ 250 gram
- Sugar – 1 cup/ 200 gram
- Olive Oil – 1/2 cup/ 125 ml
- Bananas – 3
- Eggs – 3
- Shredded Coconut – 1 cup and 1 tablespoon/ 100 gram
- Cinnamon – 1 heaped teaspoon
- Rolled oats – 1 cup and 1 tablespoon/ 100 gram
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons/ 8 gram
- First using a kitchen machine make sure the rolled oats are mixed to a fine dough consistency. Just pulse it a few times in the kitchen machine or make them smaller with a mortar. Set aside.
- Then preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit/ 160 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and a large bowl.
- Then add the olive oil and mix till combined. Then mix in the 3 eggs.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and then add them to the bowl as well as the coconut and fine oats.
- Now mix it all together and then pour the mixture in a loaf pan covered with baking proof paper.
- Put in the oven for 60 minute,s then check if a cake tester comes out dry. If not let sit in the oven for another 5 minutes. once done remove from the oven, let cool for a bit in the form, then let it cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.