Lola’s Kitchen is a feature on Lola’s Reviews where I talk about all things related to food, cooking and baking. These posts can be recipe posts, tens list posts about food or recipes or more discussion type posts about food. I love cooking and spend some time in the kitchen almost every day, so I wanted to give it a place on my blog as well. The banner for this feature is designed by Michelle from Limabean Designs.
As it’s October I wanted to do something fall related for a Lola’s Kitchen post and as I’ve shared some great recipes previously on this blog that are perfect for fall I wanted to use this chance to spotlight those recipes. All recipes link to the recipe post on my blog.
5 Recipes to make this Fall
- Pumpkin and Apple Risotto. Pumpkin is probably the most typically fall vegetable. This risotto combines pumpkin and apples in a delicious dish. I like making risotto and this fall version with pumpkin and apple is one of my favorite ways to make it. It’s warm, hearty and has lots of cinnamon, pumpkin and apples.
- Hot Lightning AKA Mashed Potatoes with Apple. Here in the Netherlands it’s common to eat “Stamppot” when it gets cold. “Stamppot” are dishes that consist of mashed potatoes and some veggies usually. In this case mashed potatoes with apples. Hot Lightning is one of my favorite fall recipes. It’s not too difficult to make and the combination of mashed potatoes and warm apples is perfect for a cold and rainy day.
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Cookies This list wouldn’t feel complete without these delicious cookies. Cinnamon sugar and pumpkin turn these cookies into a true fall delicacy. I discovered these cookies last year and I can’t wait to make them again this year. If you have too much pumpkin for the Pumpkin and Apple Risotto for example you can use the leftover pumpkin to make these cookies. The cinnamon and pumpkin in these cookies go well together.
- Vegetarian Pie. I think oven dishes or casseroles like this one are great for fall weather. They are warm and filled with veggies. This Vegetarian Pie is a bit like Shepherd’s pie with a twist with sweet potato slices on top of a sauce with lots of veggies. Perfect for the colder weather!
- Carrot Souflé. This Carrot Souflé makes me think of fall because of the pretty orange color and carrots seem to be a good vegetable to eat during fall. This soufflé is soft and filled with flavor and while it takes some time to prepare it’s mostly a put it in the oven and forget about it dish.
Halloween Pinterest Board
And Fall ofcourse means halloween! Last year I started making this Halloween pinterest board after seeing all the fun Halloween recipes in my feed. If you’re looking for some creepy or fun inspiration fo this Halloween, have a look at my board :).