About Me is a feature on Lola’s Review where I talk about me. Usually these posts are everything that doesn’t fall under any standard header, like blog tours, book blitzes, cover reveals or review. About Me posts usually are about books, but are more personal discussions of a certain topic. If an About Me post is about a non-book topic it gets the non-book content posts tag and will be posted on a saturday
I got the idea for todays topic on the blog At Random. I am going to talk about ten things you probably don’t know about me. Okay do here we go, ten things about me, in random order:
1. I am a vegetarian. I do still eat eggs and milk and such, but I don’t eat meat. I have been a vegetarian from the age 13, if I remember correctly, and since then never had the temptation to start eating meat again. I never liked the taste of meat and I don’t care I don’t eat it anymore. Any fellow vegetarians out there?
2. I am afraid of a lot of things. I am afraid of things like dogs, heights, airplanes, orca’s, elevators, cable cars etc a lot of these things involve me not being in control, I am a control freak and not being in control freaks me out. As I have studied psychology I can also tell you that at least my fear of dogs and heights can be diagnosed as a phobia, not that I ever went to a pshychologist to let them be diagnosed.
3. I don’t like phone calls. I don’t like being called or having to call anyone by phone. I always get nervous and I when someone calls me I always have this awkward few second where I am trying to get my bearings and grasp who is calling me and why. And then I usually say hi another time, when I finally have my bearings again., really talk about awkward. If I know I have to call someone I prepare the phone call in my head countless times and still don’t feel any less nervous. So yeah that’s one of the reasons I’ll never get a call center job.
4. I still don’t have my driver’s license. And I don’t plan on getting it either. I also am a bit afraid of cars and being in them and I prefer public transport over getting into a car.
5. My ears/hearing is weird Basically I can’t stand hard, loud, high or much noise at all. My ear can do this weird crackling sound when there is too much noise, which is really annoying and another reason why I don’t like parties. I was still pretty young when I first noticed this crackling sound. It was during primary school meetings where lots of children where together in one room. When we went to a doctor to check it out, the end conclusion was that I was like “a tv with too much red” (really what kind of conclusion is that?) and it was just something I needed to live with. Ever since I wondered if I should see if I get a differen conclusion this time, but on the other hand I really don’t want to go thorugh all those doctor visits again, so I think I’ll just live with it.
6. I can’t stand it if the toilet roll hangs wrong. And yes there is a right and wrong way and I just have to correct it if I see the toilet roll hanging wrong somewhere. Even if I am at someone else’s. yeah weird I know.
7. When I start up internet I always open tabs in the same order. First my e-mail, then Facebook and then my Lola’Blog Tours e-mail. I can’t stand it if they are in a different order. If I open new tabs it doesn’t matter that much where they are, as long as my personal e-mail is always before facebook and facebook before my Lola’s Blog Tours e-mail. I used to have twitter at the end, but nowadays I use tweetdeck.
8. I don’t know how to be angry. Anger is a weird emotion for me and I hate feeling angry, because I don’t know what to do with it. I keep my anger and frustrations inside a lot and if something really makes me angry I have all this angry energy and I don’t know what to do with it. I usually talk about my anger with my boyfriend, but I hardly ever get really angry.
9. I need ten hours of sleep each night. I can go with less hours of sleep, but eventually it catches up with me and my concentration goes down and I get more emotional. So a day or two is okay, but if I have too many days with too less sleep it goes wrong. I usually sleep from 1 am till 11 am.
10. I love Tea. I think I drink about 10 cups of tea a day, maybe even more. If I don’t drink enough tea on a day I get a headache, yeah I think I am addicted to caffeine. My favourite tea flavour is earl grey, but I also love fruit teas (especially orange and apple teas).
So which of these things did you already know about me? Do you have any things you want to share about yourself that most of your blog followers probably don’t know?
Or if you have any questions or things you would like to know about me, ask away :).
I feel the same as you about #3. I despise having to talk on the phone to anyone. I get so nervous on important calls that I freeze up and forget certain words. Weird eh? I prefer texting or emails.
Monique @ Mo_Books
Monique @Mo_Books recently posted…Feature & Follow – Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.
Yeah I just hate phone calls, ever since I was young. I just don’t like talking on the phone. I prefer real conversations, texting or e-mails, all those are better then phone calls.
Thanks for sharing Lola, I get the tea thing and while my drug of choice is coffee I do enjoy a good cup of Earl Grey tea.
kimbacaffeinate recently posted…Caffeinated Confessions #13 Review Burnout
I never liked coffee, the taste is too strong for me. I have tried it a few times, but never developed a liking for it. So for now I just stay with tea 😉
Nice getting to know you Lola. I am not a vegetarian, but I also don’t have to have meat every day. I am very much afraid of hights, to the point where I sometimes don’t dare using the steep stairs at the office to go down one floor. So I take the elevator downstairs to the ground floor, and use the big stairs to go up one floor. Yes, totally not practical, but neither is falling down the stairs. I am terrified of snakes, and have never ever seen one in real life. Nor do I want to. I hate spiders, but I will kill them if my boyfriend refuses.
I get you on the toilet paper thing too. Why can’t people do it right?
And I hate getting phone calls, especially when I am in the middle of a good book or having dinner. And I really don’t feel obligated to answer when I don’t want to. So yes, I just let it ring until it stops. People know by now they should send me an email. Still, no problem with chatting for hours with friends I don’t see too often.
aurian recently posted…Celia Kyle – No ifs, Ands or Bears about it
I am terrified of heights and sadly also of elevators, I once had a job interview on the 7th floor or a building and I had to go with the elevator. I was so frazzled by the time I arrived. I am not a fan of steep stairs either.
I am terrified of orca’s while I’ve never seen one. It’s weir dhow we can be afraid of things we never see, but then again it’s a lot easier to deal with those fears. I wish I wasn’t afraid of dogs, that would make my life so much easier.
I just got my driver’s license and it took me a long time to get it (I am 23). I must say though, it was worth it. I love the freedom it gives me. I really liked reading your 10 Things About Me part, you should do them more often!
Tara-Lee recently posted…BOOK REVIEW: WONDER BY R. J. PALACIO
Yeah I can imgaine that having your driver’s license gives you more freedom, using public transport does restrict you a bit on where to go and when. I am not sure whether I can think of enough random things to fill more posts, but who knows :). It might be fun to do these more often.
Lola recently posted…Cover Reveal: Tur and Elsker by ST Bende
I missed this when it first ran an am glad I found it! Am curious now about your astrological sign as your need for order reminds me of my Virgo side :-). Also, it explains why you are so awesomely efficient! xo
My astrological sign is indeed a Virgo. I don’t know a lot about astrology. And thanks for the comment about me being efficient :), I guess my need for order helps with that.
I am currently working on a follow-up post for this one, but it’s difficult to come up with things that are interesting to post about. I think my life is kinda boring, lol. So I try to think what my followers would like to know about me.