The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
What happened this week?
This was another full and busy week. I got a lot done and it was a productive week. I am really happy with the additional work, but it can be hard to balance everything at the moment. Hopefully once I am done with the assistant work for one of my authors things will be easier to handle. And after the few not so good months money wise, it’s great to have some better months now, so I hope this continues for a while.
As for the exciting news of this week: I got the final design for Lola’s Blog Tours and revealed that this week! I am really happy with how things turned out. It did make me realize how many things had to be changed. As I switched tot a new theme there was a lot of changing things as they didn’t look right on the new theme to even resizing images as only specifying height didn’t work here. Then there are all the forms and sign up posts that have old graphics. I am still waiting on some new graphics, so I haven’t even been able to update everything, but a lot of things are done now.
I had a tour run that I organized. Worked on new sign ups posts and media kits and sent out the media kit for an upcoming tour. I put a new review opportunity live for a cozy mystery book and a blog tour for another cozy mystery book. I also got some hours of assistant work done and I have a new author that might need more work in the future as well, which is great news.
I am having some trouble finding the right books for my mood. I have a great streak on my ipad, but my evening reads have been a 3 star and then 2 DNF books this week. Hopefully I can figure out the right type of book to read. I also made some oat cookies that turned out really good.
New Design Lola’s Blog Tours
I am so excited to finally be able to reveal my new website design for Lola’s Blog Tours. Thanks to Limabean Designs who did the design. I am so happy with how it turned out!
What did I read this week?
The Curse of the Black Cat was a fun and cute read, but the first few chapters were a bit weirdly paced and written. I liked the part where the main character was a cat more than when he was in human form and the connection with him as a cat and Yuuki I liked more than when he was human. It was a cute read and I liked the concept. A Flock and a Fluke was another solid read. I liked listening to this one and it had a great mystery. When You Had Power was an awesome read. I liked the feel of the world and reading about all the new cool technologies. I liked the main character and seeing how she handled everything. Boyfriend Material I DNF’d not only a chapter in as it wans’t the right read for my mood. Meow I DNF’d at 33% as I wasn’t invested in the story and didn’t like the main character. The first chapter was great tough.
This week I blogged about:
What to expect next week on the blog:
– Review: A Flock and fluke by Hillary Avis
– Review: When You Had Power by Susan Kaye Quinn
– Lola’s Kitchen: Jackfruit Ragout Recipe
Tours open for sign-up on Lola’s Blog Tours:
– Review Opportunity: Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya
– Review Opportunity: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
– Review Opportunity: Who Let the Demon Out? by Naomi Bellina
– Review Opportunity: Knitted and Knifed by Tracey Drew – New!
– Blog Tour: Welcome to Harmony by Dan O’Mahony – 27 till 17 December
– Blog Tour: Third Wheel by Kat Green – 27 till 18 December
– Bookstagram Blitz: Once Upon a Prince by Laurie Winter – 30 November till 6 December
– Blog Tour: The Haunting of Gallagher Hotel by K.T. Rose – 1 till 15 December
– Blog Tour: The Flyght Series by S.J. Pajonas – 7 till 11 December
– Blog Tour: Death and Decluttering by Nancy McGovern – 4 till 24 January – New!
– Blog Tour: The Twelve Tasks by Katharine E. Wibell – 18 till 31 January
When I read the first Vangie Vale book the rest was in KU, so now when they finally got out of KU I bought all the books that were available and already started reading Vangie Vale and the Corpseless Custard. Sympathy for the Demons is a spin-off of the Paranormal House Flippers series and I look forward to reading it.